Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body???? >

Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

Notices

Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

Old 12-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Mike A.

Question Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

WetpitsAdmin
Site Admin

My Real Name: Bertel Schmitt
Team Name: Typhoon, White Trash
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:22 am Post subject: OSS announces founding Board of Directors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association today named their founding Board of Directors that will lead the association into its first year of operation. The not for profit organization dedicated to the further development and growth of offshore powerboat racing is moving forward with positive momentum as it establishes its 2004 Race Schedule and its operating procedures. A minimum of two board members will represent the owners in their respective categories.

Director positions for the new organization will be elected annually by the membership, usually during the World Championships in November. The founding board who collectively have more than a century of powerboat and corporate business experience, will establish the direction and policies on behalf of the membership.

Founding Board of Directors are:

Tom Abrams, President, Reliable Carriers
Northville, Michigan
Owner / Driver: Reliable Carriers

Gerry Chastelet, Retired Executive
St. Charles, Missouri
Co-Driver: Dirty Duck

Ben Hedrick, Project Manager & Engineer, G&T Conveyor Company
Cape Coral, Florida
Driver: Hedrick Motorsports

William Mauff, CEO, WHM Plumbing
Setauket, Long Island, New York
Owner / Driver: WHM Motorsports

Jim Richardson, Sales & Marketing Executive, Ettore
Danville, California
Owner / Driver: Ettore Squeegee/Mercury Racing

Bertel Schmitt, Chairman of the Board, GBB Advertising,
Quogue, New York
Owner: Typhoon

Bob Teague, President, Teague Custom Marine Inc.
Technical Editor, Powerboat Magazine
Valencia, California.
Co-Owner / Throttleman: Liquid Metal

Todd Welling, President, Quesco Cabinets
San Carlos, California
Owner / Driver: Spiderman

Paul Whittier, Investor
Kirkland, Washington
Owner / Throttleman: P1 Motorsports

The Offshore Super Series (OSS) expects to make further organizational announcements in the next few days.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Job Bretel

Mike
Old 12-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Hauling Trash
Nice Job Bretel

Mike
With 392 posts in 8 days on Wetpits (49 per day), I don't know how he has gotten anything else done.

Just kidding......calm down.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Mike A.

I guess that explains why Bertel threw me off the Pits. "Heeeden ayendas? I ain't gawt no heeden ayendas."

From newbie to board member of the boycotters!!! Now Bertel, one must ask if you intend to rename the sham website of yours to the OSS site? I am certain that with your high moral and ethical standards you would not dream of being the webmaster of a site that solicits ideas and input from racers of other organizations to make the sport better while serving as a director of a competing organization, now would you???

OK, racers, study these guys and ask yourselves some basic questions like?

Who are they?

How many of them have been racers for more than one year?

What have they done for the sport?

Do any of them have new boats coming that might fit within their new rules but perhaps not APBA's??? In other words, do they have an interest in seeing the rules evolve a certain way?

Do any of them make a living off, from or around the sport??

Any conflicts of interest here?

Do any of these guys actually own raceboats and if so, how many?

Now are they a sanctioning body or not???

Can the sport support 3 sanctioning bodies?

Does it need 3?

Do you want 3?

Think people. 88 ENTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! in St. Pete. Great racing. Fair racing. Level playing field. Excellent rules enforcement. Great staff of people. Great television. 100 years of history. And why the boycott again? Because I was a nasty, meany who some people did not like taking orders from?

OK, so shortly I am gone from the sport except as a fan and maybe a racer. So now ask yourselves the question - Why are these guys doing this again?? Then go back and ask yourselves the questions posed above. Then think, think, think, think. Then act...fast.

Mike

Last edited by Mike A.; 12-31-2003 at 01:52 PM.

Old 12-31-2003, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so shortly I am gone from the sport except as a fan and maybe a racer. So now ask yourselves the question - Why are these guys doing this again?? Then go back and ask yourselves the questions posed above. Then think, think, think, think. Then act...fast.
Can you elaborate on what you mean here? In the beginning of the paragraph
Thanks Mike
Scott
Old 12-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scott

That at this point it is the $250,000 question. I asked Mike on another thread and all I got was a response from Scotty Applegate stating that we would find out in time. I hope they come thru on their promise of a schedule being released on Jan 4th. Gino and Gordo need to know where they will be racing this season and soon. (sorry guys had a shot and took it, but I still love ya'll hehe)

One other question I have to anyone is, is that 88 boats keeps being stated for St Pete, is that registered boats or total boat count. I know about 15-20 raced in the P classes and then raced on Sunday in their normal class. So that tells me that only 68-72 boats were actually there. I am not trying to be technical but I also dont like buying bridges either.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:53 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When a private forum for racers was suggested, I thought it was a great idea. When wetpits was started, I still thought it was a great idea.
A friend and well respected member of OSO once told me that the reason he was against "wetpits" was because it had "hidden Agenda" written all over it.
I disagreed.
I was wrong, and I now stand corrected.
For those of you not allowed as wetpits members, (Actually, I think everyone was allowed...), it has rapidly become the message board for the new "OSS boaters association".
The saddest part of this is this; A team that I have the utmost respect for, two very talented World Champion racers, were given a LOT of TV time, recognition and exposure by APBA Offshore. Now it seems their team owner and spokesperson has endulged in his own personal campaign against the very sanctioning body that has been so good to this team, and is aligning that team with the very group that has inflicted potentially catastrophic damage to not only the same sanctioning body, but to all of us racers who have supported each other, helped each other and raced with each other knowing that we were ALL part of the Big Show.
Sad.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the surface it looks like a pretty strong board. Aside from the successes they've all enjoyed in business there is project management, sales & marketing, advertising, technical and investment people. Everything you need to run a business. If they can all play together this is going to be a very strong team.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I think having Bertel in OSS will only make their destruction even quicker , good for him. There are some positive things happening in APBA Offshore and a new leader will be announced soon. Be patient , take it easy on the BS and we will certainly weather these obstacles. BH
Old 12-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gordo sums it up very well.

Everyone please read his post twice and think about it.

Quick Reply: Owner's Group or Sanctioning Body????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.