F1, What's the hot setup??? >

F1, What's the hot setup???

Notices

F1, What's the hot setup???

Old 01-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F1, What's the hot setup???

I have to admit, I haven't been following racing recently. Although I'm a converted cat guy, I'm playing with the idea of picking up a vee in the 30' range. If I do I'd like to be able to run in F1 in the future if I so desire. With that said, what's the hot setup for this class?

I really like the Superboat 30-y2k because its layout and I would think the 7' beam is a real benefit for cutting through the rough stuff.

Opinions would be appreciated!
TIA
Old 01-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new 30 Extreme will be fun to watch. I assume one will be racing in F-1. How 'bout it Wardey?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hold off on Buying a F-1 boat until all the offshore turmoil settles down. Im not sure they know what engine package they are running yet. 30 feet is the biggest you can go. The Superboat Y-2K is an awesome boat. But slower than much of the fleet because of its size. It holds up nicely in rough water, but how often have we seen that?

Good luck
Old 01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce,
Maybe I should have clarified my earlier post...
I'm casually looking for a vee. Some history - I currently have two boats, a Yamaha jetboat that I drag all over creation, and a med. size cat that I use in the ocean. The state and my insurance company are getting RICH off me between the two boats, five cars, truck, and a motorcycle. Not to mention I'm running out of space. **** needs to go! I like the little jetboat because it's so portable, but it sucks azz in anything more than 1.5'. Love the cat, but the insurance is crazy and not as easy to drag around. Even though I think cats are FAR superior in every way on the water, for the above reasons I'm thinking about the my consolidation possibilities. So my consolidation boat would be purchased with the intention of using it mainly for pleasure use with the possibility of running it in F1 if I wanted to in the future. I live on Long Island Sound and the water conditions are almost always ugly (2'-5' on average). As I mentioned, I also like to take weekend trips to out of state lakes. My usage is 75% ocean use 25% medium size lake use.

I'm considering the SB 30 because I'm guessing that it can handle my ocean needs (reasonably) and yet I think it would be small/light enough to take road trips with. I realize that it wouldn't be the fastest smooth water F1 boat, but the ability to handle rougher conditions out weighs that for my application. I want the single engine rather than the twin for cost and towing ease. After owning a cat, I'm going to have a difficult time dropping speeds. I'm guessing a SB Y2K is likely good for 80mph with a 525 in it. If so I think I can live with that. I've never been in a Y2K, I wonder if it will meet my big water handling expectations...

Also, any other 30' boats come to mind that you think might work for me?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Well, I think you should check out the Superboat site.

They have some great deals goin right now and they are in Long Island. John Coen is a great guy and will steer you in the right direction. If your pleasure boating most of the time, I would say its a great boat. Its a great race boat too. It just needs rough water to compete with some of the smaller faster boats.

Other boats to consider are the 28 Pantera, and the 30 Phantom,

Why race F-1 though?
if your not going to race the entire circuit, its a waste of time and money. Race locally in P-Class with us in OPA and youll have a great time.

good luck
Old 01-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 32 Sutphen

..new deck design...and can't be beat in the rough stuff!

www.sutphenpowerboats.com
Attached Thumbnails F1, What's the hot setup???-32b-out%2520side5.jpg  
Old 01-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered

Marty...is that a single or twin setup???
Old 01-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Registered

they're doing them either way now....
Old 01-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Registered

Nice looking boat
Old 01-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Registered

Default another shot

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Nice looking boat
Attached Thumbnails F1, What's the hot setup???-32-runningflag.jpg  

Quick Reply: F1, What's the hot setup???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.