READ PLEASE going to try to convey my thought on p class rules >

READ PLEASE going to try to convey my thought on p class rules

Notices

READ PLEASE going to try to convey my thought on p class rules

Old 03-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default READ PLEASE going to try to convey my thought on p class rules

to make a race very interesting and really get participation up and also make it to where anyone can have fun, i/e GROW the sport.
i think running around racing 12 or if lucky 3 boats in a class is weak.
SO;
handicap racing, ( bear with me and try to understand what i am trying to convey)
* race day layout in ( for instance pittsburg ca)

fri eve tech? / and water test?

sat am tech/ practice / water testing from
9 am to 12 noon

1 pm: shoot out to (determine top speed) gives spectators a fun deal to watch. a little trophy deal for the fastest boats nothin big but just some fun,

AND GREAT FOR THE SPONSORS.

now: this was a 1/4 mile full throttle timed and radared run for ea boat,
a little math will tell u how long it would take a, lets just say 35 fountain runnin flat out at 80 mph to clomplete the 6 laps consisting of 8 miles long ea. ..ok
now the next boat a 24 skater with twin 2.5's does the same 1/4 mile and does it at 92mph so lets say now it would take the fountain 20 more minutes to do the whole race flat out vs the skater flat out.
SO;
at this point it comes down to driving not money spent on getting the fastest rig, because if the skater comes in obviously most likely anyway 15 min before the fountain the fountain won. if the skater drives better and comes in 22 min ahead of the fountain it wins.

so now u could in theory have a 46 skater with 13oos and a 26 scarab with a worn out small block and the bottom line is the one who drives it to the max capability of what the particualar boat can do . will win!

another aspect to this is that its key to do the shootout or qualifiing or whatever u want to call it around the same time so all have same conditions water wind etc.
that way your handicap is measured by how hard u can run in those conditions,
then if u break that speed in the race u ARE DQ'D! EVERYONE HAS A GPS IN TODYS WORLD SO THERE IS NO BS.

my next thought then was have 2 p classes, over 85 and below 85..

that way there could be if needed a 2 wave start if it got popular.

there is so much ucould do with this format as now when the anouncer talks he can say here is a 26 scarab max speed 65 and coming around the turn bouy # 2 is a 46 skater with a max speed of 145, eveyone gets kudos and has a real race,
i talk to people who want to do what we did last year but wont as why? no class no competitors etc.
i know u all hat blow boats but they have this wired. and it WORKS.. LOOK AT THEIR FLEETS. MAKES US LOOK SILLY IN THE PARTICIPATION CATAGORY.
so i want to get some feedback i have a better outline but didnt want to write a book here,,
QUESTIONS ?
THOUGHTS ?
PLEASE,,,,
Jonas
BITE ME
RACING
Old 03-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to come into the pits in my 24 Pantera and tell Bacardi Silver "Good Race, maybe you'll get us next time"
Seriously, as a P racer I think it has some merrit with some tweaking.
As a realist, what sanctioning body is going to go through the extra effort and cost for the run what ya brung feeder classes
Old 03-19-2004, 05:16 AM
Registered

Good in theory...but will not work. There would be way too many people cheating out there. If you have an 80 mph boat and you don't want your max speed known...drag the brakes and lower the rev limiter now you are at 75.....there are too many ways to get around a system like that. Good Ideas though.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good idea...Cost to put this on. Insurance? Medical crews, Coast Guard, State Police, Techs, pace boats,and I can go on and on. Boats doing top end on a straight away are not gonna be full throttle on the turns so you can't get a lap speed from that unless you do a lap (I would assune...no!) There is so much that would have to be done in order to pull this off, so much work, prep time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. It sounds great but you gotta think SAFETY first and that takes people and $$$$$$$$$. Sorry I had to put a little rain on ya but it's Snowing here in Jersey......This sucks! Augie
Old 03-19-2004, 07:19 AM
WhatEver Racing!

Augie, very Nicely said! It's snowing down the shore also, thank god tomorrow is the first day of spring!

Old 03-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

i love the feedback,,,
re crews med etc would allready be in place as there is allready a race going on just trying to make the racing more fun,,
q ball,, then when u get radared in the race u get dq'd.

i would think that just re structure of the p class that is currently running would be the answer but i know wouldnt happen..
but if to grow the sport in a run what u brung class there needs to be a system other than 80-90 for instance,, there i no way a boat runin 80 can beat a boat runnin 87, over the course of a 1 hour race that is a 7 mile lead,,,, that is huge. that is like racing my viper against a pinto. not fun for either driver.
thanks for input looking here for input!!
please chime in folks lets brainstorm.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

re lap speed wouldnt matter as everyone has same base now i do think that the faster boats would get penalized alittle here due to would have to slow more for turns but would be made up as the acceleration would overcome that,
i ran it by a computor guru and he ran some #'s( layout time frames speed models etc and said that in theory would be succesfull, now there would be some tweaking i am sure
Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Jonas,
I would support this with POPRA on a trial basis.

What is the difference between somebody sandbagging during time trials in boat racing and auto racing.... nothing.

I think it can even be taken one step further, with bracket drag racing isn't there a penalty if you exceed your qualifaction time on a run?? (not taking into account reaction time).

Add that into the mix, i.e. a boat runs 75 in the trials, then runs a lap averaging 80, they should be penalized.

Are you going to be at the general meeting in April for POPRA? If so we should discuss presenting this to the masses.

I was thinking that we should start by presenting that POPRA only run P classes this year. That would increase boat counts in every class almost accross the board.

Not sure if you saw the post, but we are also working real hard at getting Chris Reindl's bat boats out here this year. I have already talked to one guy who would like to rent two of them for all four races. If we can get another 2-3 rented that will give us up to six boats in one class (if we all ran "One Design"), which is not bad for a "divisional type race".

With the new engine package that Chris is putting in these boats, it is possible that they would run "P4" out here as opposed to a seperate One Design class. If we couple them with the F1's (4), you and I, that would be an 11 boat class.

As for the people you know that have expressed interest in racing but are not, please tell them that everyone has to start at some time, and you can be the one that helps get others racing if you just show up.

I hate the "not enough boats" as an excuse. How do you get any boats if everyone says that. My take is they are actually afraid (of what I do not know) and use boat count as an excuse. Hell if they are a P5 boat there is at least one other boat to race, go race em, same with P3 and etc. Just think if they show up, maybe the next guy will say, hey look there are two other boats to race, I can be #3 and so on.

see you soon,
Rick
Old 03-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Registered

Rick,
yes we are planning on being there and looking forward to seeing u again,, i think u are dead on here and that is great what i cant seem to do is get people to understand what i am trying to get at,. and that is a venue that would include all wheater the guy has a 60 mph or a 150 mph boat,, i did some bracket racing years ago at sears and at baylands in fremont and i would be on a road racer went to practice starts and i would be up aginst everyting from guys kz550 to full on drag bikes. it was a blast, now this is gonna be diff due to the fact that its handicapd by time over distance and this will make it really fun. the blow boaters have been doing it for 100 yrs, and its a proven theory now all we have to do is tweak it and get people to understand/
the other thing is i thought wold be great for sponsors spectrators alike to see the trials/ dial in / shootout whatever u want to call it could be a great marketing deal too.. ea boat gets a quick run up the front of pitts burg for instance. then the finals race would be same time the following day.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered

man... give it up ...take your boat to a poker run and give up the politics.... nothing going to change.

Quick Reply: READ PLEASE going to try to convey my thought on p class rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.