Congrats Papa Dukes P5 >

Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Notices

Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Old 10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Congrats on your win in P5 in Camden Race, couldn't be there but listened on talkoffshore and it sounded great, you guys ran one hell of a race
Old 10-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

Default Re: Congrats Papa Dukes P5

that boat ran AWSOME !!

Congrats on the win.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered

The guys ran Awesome, but suffered a penalty for breaking out and was bumped to 2nd. Nice job anyway , guys.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lukiepal
Congrats on your win in P5 in Camden Race, couldn't be there but listened on talkoffshore and it sounded great, you guys ran one hell of a race
Lukie,
It sure must have sounded that way. The average person that was at the race in person would have known no different. Papa Dukes displaying the checkered flag when they knew that they couldn't possibly have won. That boat had to be running 80mph+
I am sure the press may have been fooled too! I won't be surprised if a picture ends up getting published.
Even after receiving a second place trophy, they were seen getting pictures taking in front of the stage with a checkered flag...

After this season, I come to realize that this bracket racing is a show!
Win, Lose or Penalized, it doesn't matter. It is only a show...

If results are not known until the GPS's are looked at, then in my opinion, no one should be carrying a checkered flag on their boats. They should be received at the awards.

I had a good time watching, but after today, I feel like I am watching the old WWF.

I also was told that there was no purse. I guess that is why no one is bothered by what place they took. They all got the same size trophy, so who really cares?

I wish the OPA the best of luck in the future. I just know that after these last race I will be watching them in a different light unless something changes....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-11-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa, just a minute there pardner! This race was just for fun-period. I talked to most of the teams and they all said they planned to break out and were still going to just go for it. There was no reason to worry about points and there was no purse to speak of. Compare that to the race in Cambridge where the national championship is on the line and there is 20K to be split between 5 classes. Also there are always ways to skirt the system in any type of racing. I'm sure that there was never an APBA or SBI race ran where competitors skirted or broke the rules . These guys went out there and put on a hell of a show in less than perfect conditions and all of them are to be commended-they are true sportsman and there is no WWF about it. Take it for what it was intended to be- a fun time trying to kick your pals A$$ on a monitored, safe course, showing racing to 2 cities that had never seen it before.

As an aside-the city manager was ecstatic with the show and wants to kick it up for next year-we'll see.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:28 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by insptech
Whoa, just a minute there pardner! This race was just for fun-period. .
Wow!!! Now that explains a few things then Ted...

They all did put on a great show! No doubt. Unfortunately alot boats came back with alot of busted up equipment just for fun...

I guess I just need to stop trying to figure out how they come up with the winners. Maybe they agreed on that too?

All and all, it looked like everyone had a great time....

Old 10-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Registered

Speaking as the owner of Papa Dukes,
Sharkeys Marine
You have alot of nerve talking about us racers and the opa, i dont see you racing out there do i, Me being 19 and my throttle man being 20 we put enough money together this year to race after i bought the boat, to go out and have a good time. yea i broke out and i was penalized and i was dropped to 2nd place. everyone new they were going to break out unless they were sitting back to put a #1 on there boat next year at the opa races. I went out there and had a blast, put on a good show for my parents, Team Warpaint who has been helping me out all season threw tuff times and any body else who wanted to watch all of us racers put on a good show for the fans. Little do u know that it is very hard to get money together for a race that has not been raced there ever, it was a first time thing and many people worked hard and getting it together. The trophys all the same size, they were nice, tony p donated them last thing for us. Nice guy, to do that. even though he broke out to and placed third after getting the checkered flag. And another thing me taking pictures with the checkered flag, after i recieved my same size trophy that was very nice i ran to the boat grabbed the flag and gave it to Team Sonic Boom. Little do you know smitty and anthony from wazzup gave me there checkered flag for running so good and not giving up after getting lapped twice in the first 3 races. Then me and the Sonic boom team took pictures with our same size trophys and checkered flags for people. We all came out today to have a good time and put on a good show i had a blast all weekend all year and i want to thank every one for wat they did for us. So sharkey how about you put together a bout for next year and come have a good time with all of us, instead of harping on the SOBS that cant hang in p5 i did all year got my a$$ kicked all year and loved every minute of it out there. me getting that checkered flag today off that start finish boat felt amazing. So get a boat together for next year, and u will be hoping for one to, just like i was all year.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:13 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Chris,
I congratulate you on your efforts. Yes you guys put on a great show.

But I thought I was coming to see a race. Not me or the other fans knew of these pre-arranged deals prior to the "SHOW".

All I am saying is it becomes a big misrepresentation having checkered flags on boats that did not actually win.

It sort of takes away the whole meaning for someone that may have actually won.

Maybe I still just hold a grudge for the time I won the B-Class race in Trump's War Offshore in Atlantic City. We busted our a$$ to win that race in some big seas only to come to the start finish boat at the end and find out they gave the flag to another boat. WHICH TO THIS DAY WAS NEVER RETURNED!!! They got all the press, and all the attention for winning a race they did not win or earn.

So all I can say is it was createing alot of confusion. Martin Sanborne announcing that some of the boats had already broke out in the class after the 1st lap, and then the fans see the fastest boat on the course with a checkered on and off the course...

Your team is new to the sport, and I am glad to see the young guys like yourselves coming up in the sport.
All I ask is that you and a few others save the Checkered Flags for those that actually come out winning. It may cut down the confusion.

Obviously I tried my best to get the OPA more boats this year with the SOBs.
One showed up at Camden yesterday but he had a call to return home for an important matter. On top of that he didn't see any other SOBs show.

So with that, I am finished with promoting the SOB Class. If they eventually want to come out and race, then they can come to OPA and ask for themselves.

Thanks to all for a great SHOW! It was worth the trip across the state...
Have a good safe time in Key West.

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-11-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

Cograts anyway Chris, you guys have the hart of true upcoming champions in this sport.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

chris and jay THANK YOU FOR COMMING HOME SAFE EVERY RACE

love pop's

Quick Reply: Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.