Notices

Boat Count

Old 04-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat Count

OSS, "An OSS membership is about Commitment with a Capital C, and about Responsibility with a Capital R. OSS is committed to its racers, and OSS racers are committed to all OSS races. OSS racers pledge their appearance at all OSS designated races (with one throw out allowed.) "

I don't see the words "require" or "mandatory" in that statement.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Registered

way to go paul.hope you have a great and safe season.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Whittier
OSS, "An OSS membership is about Commitment with a Capital C, and about Responsibility with a Capital R. OSS is committed to its racers, and OSS racers are committed to all OSS races. OSS racers pledge their appearance at all OSS designated races (with one throw out allowed.) "

I don't see the words "require" or "mandatory" in that statement.
Committment = an agreement or pledge to do something in the future (merriam webster)

Responsibility = able to answer for one's conduct and obligations (MW)

Had the sentence "OSS racers pledge their appearance at all OSS designated races " not been included in the same paragraph in fact ending it, what meaning would the former words have??

Have some intellectual honesty here.... notice the question has still not been answered! IS there any penalty, or sanction whatsoever for failing to attend OSS races?? That means a frowning on up to a financial fine......
Old 04-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Registered

come on guys let it go.quit beating a dead horse.whats done is done.quit bickering.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Registered

if all organizations race together again great if not it is what it is.people will always race where they want and with who they want.why does everyone have to hate on people for not racing in their organization?

Last edited by crichdsn; 04-02-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crichdsn
come on guys let it go.quit beating a dead horse.whats done is done.quit bickering.
Its like arguing over democratic/republican doctrine..... just goes nowhere. I still am curious why my question remains unanswered. It is not a dead horse, it is a legitimate question that affects whether a team would pay $$ to join an organization. If I have to pay $$ to join then will be chastised for not attending the whole season I want to know. It is not only relevant, it necessary to making sound business decisions.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crichdsn
if all organizations race together again great if not it is what it is.people will always race where they want and with who they want.why does everyone have to hate on people for not racing in their organization?
This is soo not about personal issues and hating people!!! Its about being so close to finally having a single sanctioning body and tremendous leverage to bring the sport to a new level but experiencing resistance for NO APPARENT REASON. Why will OSS not fold into Sbi and be as one?? What are the issues??
Old 04-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

i dont know maybe because we were treated like crap last year.we joined with sbi before apba did for the worlds and we were treated with no respect.it felt like we were outcast.and all we wanted to do was race.oss got put in the back lot.that means alot to people how they are treated.if we were treated with respect this might not even be an issue.how can join something where there is no respect and all that was wanted from us was money.we werent even recognized.thats pretty sad
Old 04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

shane will you be racing pitsburg and benicia this year?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

do you know how many boats are registered with popra.i would love to see a thirty boat count this year.

Quick Reply: Boat Count

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.