Notices

Boat Count

Old 04-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat Count

Randy...one other thing...I'm not here to get in a pisssing contest with you....we all said starting in Jan. we would discuss the topics of racing....I'll tell you what I'll do....you pay for the equipment fees for SBI/APBA and I'll pay for 2 of your entry fees for SBI/APBA races....next you have more freinds around then you know what to do with...I'm sure some of your boys at the Ft. Lauderdale race can find you guys some beds to sleep on...also there are plenty of places to store the boat in Fl. and get ready for Pickwick. If your really concerded about the money and thats the reason...I'll help...a bunch of your Jersey Boys are going to be in Luaderdale and I'm sure you,Glenn and your crew would have fun.....
The offer stands...just let me know....
and if you notice thats twice I did'nt call you Prairie Dog!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey Ted, why is A - L - L turning into ***?

PS, A boat from Japan won the 2002 SBI Worlds in New Orleans in the Superboat class.

PSS, Since Fabio came over last year and won in P2, why didn't APBA recognize his UIM affilation and grant him the championship?

All we fans have ever asked for was unified world championship. KW is John's location, everyone is welcome to come as long as they meet his rules. Look for a simple answer, like I suggested above. Sometimes you have to put good of the sport over the good of the organization.
Attached Thumbnails Boat Count-goddess.jpg  
Old 04-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,740 Likes on 3,796 Posts

Thanks Ron,
My point being, to re***y make it a World Championship shouldnt teams from *** over the world converge on KW, Do they even know about it ?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Its fun to bicker and all, but look how far things came along last year. KW is 7 months away. Lots can happen between then and now, and of course it will be interesting to watch unfold.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PeteB stated in another post..."OSS is a not for profit organization dedicated to the further development and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America."

Well if that is the case then you guys should be doing whatever it takes to join up with Sbi/APBA. I can think of nothing better for the sport in terms of growth and development!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,740 Likes on 3,796 Posts

Originally Posted by Dry Sump
Why would that make the difference I was talking about viewers?
Maybe better time slots???

Maybe people understood it more, if you enjoy factory racing more , thats great. It looks as if this year there will be a comeback year and maybe the factories will get involved, as they should. thats what may draw new fans in, as well as bring back some old ones back.

I do however find it so humorous that if it is not popular vote as to were to race or support you get brow beaten, If you think SBI/APBA is the best thing going thats great, enjoy it,
you never know the guy sitting next to you drinking a beer maybe me, I enjoy the sport, not the politics.

As for DHLaw,
That is the OSS signature. C*** them ask them why they dont just run up and join up!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Dry, where did you get the TV numbers from? I never could find out what the ratings were.

As for people on the beach (Sat vs Sun) what was the weather like on both days. At least when it's cold and lousy out, you get a true indication of how many people come just to watch the race. The rest were there anyhow.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Registered

Why are you guys so bias? OSS isnt going to join SBI, the guys with the BIG pockets have their own series I think we just have to deal with it/
Old 04-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Registered

DHLAW-OSS boats do not have to race any certain amount of races but,we all agree to make as many as we can financially afford to support our fans and our organazation.Todd Welling has been on all of the supercat conference calls and is ready for Biloxi along with David and JT and the new Bacardi Silver supercat.Biloxi will be great and the next stop at Pier 57 will be awesome as the whole state of Tennessee is pumped.Orange Beach is going all out for our best race ever.I think both organizations will have great seasons.I wish us all a safe and fun year and a great promotion of the sport we love. Gary , NICHOLS OFFSHORE/PIER 57

Last edited by gary nichols; 04-02-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Registered

OSS was invited by the Conch Republic to Key West last year not by SBI.If we are invited to race this year we will have a owners meeting and vote on our future, thats why I love OSS its the American way.

Quick Reply: Boat Count

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.