Need to find a dirt bike >

Need to find a dirt bike

Notices

Need to find a dirt bike

Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
Oh, so you mean you're a "sensible" rider. I don't relate well to those!

It's all good. Where ya thinking of riding?
I don't know about sensible, it just been a lot of years since I've ridden and I wasn't that experienced then. I'll be on my a$$ a lot.

There is supposed to be some riding at Keystone lake about a half hour from home. Other than that, I'll have to figure out where my buddies go. I have several friends that ride a lot and have been riding since they were kids. we'll keep it low key for me for a while.

I've got ot get my son out on his bike. We already bought him a TTR 125, so now its my turn. We'll both be on our butts!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
get a quad, bikes are inherintly unstable..imagine having to put your foot down to keep from falling over..thats just not safe..

lol

Why do you want an enduro? Daily driver?

Just curious. The Dick Lanes track at the lake will beat the hell out of you on a crossover bike. You'll probably find a lot more selection in that price range going with an MX bike as well. Good luck with the search!

Last edited by BLee; 10-29-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
lol

Just curious. The Dick Lanes track will beat the hell out of you on a crossover bike. You'll probably find a lot more selection going with an MX bike. Good luck with the search!
I don't think I'm going to be hanging it out on a track anytime soon! Besides getting hurt, it'd give Masher new ammo to hammer me with! I'll stick with trails for now.

Keytime, if you come down to Grand, I'm sure Masher will put you up. I think the requirement for room & board is you have to drink 5 bottles of Grey Goose and be his weekend boy toy!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I don't know about sensible, it just been a lot of years since I've ridden and I wasn't that experienced then. I'll be on my a$$ a lot.

There is supposed to be some riding at Keystone lake about a half hour from home. Other than that, I'll have to figure out where my buddies go. I have several friends that ride a lot and have been riding since they were kids. we'll keep it low key for me for a while.

I've got ot get my son out on his bike. We already bought him a TTR 125, so now its my turn. We'll both be on our butts!
The Gruber riding area is down near Braggs, OK on Hwy 10. There's a riding area near Scipio, OK that the Tulsa Trail Riders has built up over the past few years. Both are rocky but a good time. Talk to Matt Lane or Dick Lane and they'll point ya in the right direction. Tell Matt that "Java" sent ya.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Keytime, if you come down to Grand, I'm sure Masher will put you up. I think the requirement for room & board is you have to drink 5 bottles of Grey Goose and be his weekend boy toy!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BLee
lol

Just curious. The Dick Lanes track at the lake will beat the hell out of you on a crossover bike. You'll probably find a lot more selection in that price range going with an MX bike as well. Good luck with the search!
You might be thinking more of dual-sports. The bikes he's looking at lean much heavier toward off-road than a dual-sport.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
get a quad, bikes are inherintly unstable..imagine having to put your foot down to keep from falling over..thats just not safe..
exactly... last bike I ride was a CR 250 and bundled a tree. Missed my state hockey tourney and my coach was pissed.

Jayhawk, you obviously havent seen MCs 12 month limp or heard about Delos superman impression this year
Old 10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

if your looking for a on/offroad bike, I would stck with an offroad bike and add a baja designs kit to make it street legal, the factory street legal bikes dont have the good suspension...
my sister does have a pair of suzuki dr200's for sale though, mint condition, but they just aren't what you want if your riding hard in the dirt.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
exactly... last bike I ride was a CR 250 and bundled a tree. Missed my state hockey tourney and my coach was pissed.

Jayhawk, you obviously havent seen MCs 12 month limp or heard about Delos superman impression this year
I can make a quad handle so well it will blow your mind....
Old 10-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44

Hay, I resemble that statment. And I still ride almost every weekend.But weren't you asking about a bike 2 wk ago.

Randy, Delo has an older 99' or 00' rm250 he is wanting to get rid of. I think he wanted a grand or so.

Quick Reply: Need to find a dirt bike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.