Need to find a dirt bike >

Need to find a dirt bike

Notices

Need to find a dirt bike

Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to find a dirt bike

Anybody have one they want to sell? Looking to spend between $1k to a max of $2K. Wanting a 4 stroke trail bike. 2 stroke KDX would be ok also. WR 250, CRF 250X, DRZ 400, or similar.

I'd like to find one with electric start, front & rear discs, and in clean shape. I don't mind something 5 - 7 years old as long as it has been taken care of.

If anyone can think of anything, please let me know!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Default Yamaha 400 is awesome shape

I have a friend that has a '99-00 WRZ400, has lights, kick start though, blue, but has new white plastic. I know he will take under 2k. I dont know if you could put an electric start conversion on it or not
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

i have an 06 Rmz 250, no lights and a kick start but belonged to a pro racer as back up bike and had all his sposors gear on it, pipe, gears, suspension the works. I just happen to big a big fat a$$ that thinks its fast as hell and dont ride it. i think $3k would get me back half what it cost. i have a kawasaki 250 2 stroke also but it needs a few things, brake handle, the new clutch installed and the seat is starting to show wear on a seam. not far from you, just north of houston!
Attached Thumbnails Need to find a dirt bike-rmz250.jpg  
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gtsmpuc
I have a friend that has a '99-00 WRZ400, has lights, kick start though, blue, but has new white plastic. I know he will take under 2k. I dont know if you could put an electric start conversion on it or not
Hey Eric, any pics? That would be something I may be interested in. You can post them or email them to me.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigandy
i have an 06 Rmz 250, no lights and a kick start but belonged to a pro racer as back up bike and had all his sposors gear on it, pipe, gears, suspension the works. I just happen to big a big fat a$$ that thinks its fast as hell and dont ride it. i think $3k would get me back half what it cost. i have a kawasaki 250 2 stroke also but it needs a few things, brake handle, the new clutch installed and the seat is starting to show wear on a seam. not far from you, just north of houston!
That is a sweet bike! Unfortunately it is a bit out of my price range. It has been a lot of years since I have ridden, and I don't want to thrash anything too expensive or nice. I'll need that extra thousand for safety gear! Thanks!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also check out the classifieds on the following sites:

http://www.blackjackenduro.com
http://www.hillbillygp.com

You can post WANTED ads on there as well, I believe. For trail riding, I think you're going in the right direction with what you're looking for. I know a few racers down in the Tulsa area, so let me know if you have any issues finding one.

- John
Old 10-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
You can also check out the classifieds on the following sites:

http://www.blackjackenduro.com
http://www.hillbillygp.com

You can post WANTED ads on there as well, I believe. For trail riding, I think you're going in the right direction with what you're looking for. I know a few racers down in the Tulsa area, so let me know if you have any issues finding one.

- John
Thanks for the info John. Do you race Hare Scrambles and that sort oif thing? I have a buddy in KC that races a whole bunch. I think he's riding a KTM these days. Apparently he does pretty well in the old man class. I think he spends some time on the Forward Motion Hare Scramble series.

I just checked on their board, he is #6 overall. That's pretty good I guess!

Last edited by jayhawk261; 10-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
That is a sweet bike! Unfortunately it is a bit out of my price range. It has been a lot of years since I have ridden, and I don't want to thrash anything too expensive or nice. I'll need that extra thousand for safety gear! Thanks!
that is what i was thinkin about selling it and keeping the Kawasaki kx250 i figure it is worth around $2k and it probably always will be. cant believe new bikes are almost $7k but then again who would have ever thought 4 wheelers would be $11k???
Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Thanks for the info John. Do you race Hare Scrambles and that sort if thing? I have a buddy in KC that races a whole bunch. I think he's riding a KTM these days. Apparently he does pretty well in the old man class. I think he spends some time on the Forward Motion Hare Scramble series.

I just checked on their board, he is #6 overall. That's pretty good I guess!
If he's #6 overall, he's fast.

I mainly race enduros. The Black Jack Enduro Circuit, to be exact. I've raced since '98, made the AA class this year, and decided to take a break this year to relax and reflect a bit and enjoy the new boat. I busted my a$$ for 10 years and had my best year ever in 2007, finishing 5th overall. It was time for me to chill out just a bit. If I'm gonna race next year, I need to get my a$$ back in shape and practice. We'll see. I love racing and it's a great crowd to associate with. Kinda like boating, but with more sweat and fewer a$$holes. lol Had to throw that in.

A couple of Black Jack racers have boats out on GLOC, too. I've been meaning to take the Checkmate down there. I hope to next year. I need to research accomodations.

Let me know what kinda bike you pick up. Can't go wrong with most of them out there right now. It's just a matter of finding the one that suits you best. If you get the urge to try an enduro, let me know and we'll get ya set up. You can pretty much ride your pace in an enduro -- balls-out crazy or trail-riding. It's up to you. Good times.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

jayhawk just make sure your legs can touch the ground when stopped

Quick Reply: Need to find a dirt bike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.