Terra Miranda/Grand Lake? >

Terra Miranda/Grand Lake?

Notices

Terra Miranda/Grand Lake?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terra Miranda/Grand Lake?

We are in KC. My wife wants to take our boat to Terra Miranda to have it serviced. Anyone want to vouch for their service? I am out of options here in KC, so its road trip time for service. I have had a lot of people tell me to take the boat to Performance Boat Brokerage in camdenton but the wife has her heart set on Terra Miranda. Anyone know them?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Dont know much about Tera Mirandas service. Really it just depends what kind of work you are having done to the boat. But I can definitley say that Performance Boat Brokerage will have the better facilities and deals more with go-fast type boats. The best advice I could give you is to find the most trustworthy/experienced service person you could find, regardless of who has the best facilities.

-Grasshopper

Last edited by RutRow; 08-29-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tara Miranda has a great staff and good facilities for your average merc repair work. But if you're going to upgrade, rebuild or swap out, I'd stick to PBB..
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

They serviced our Portifino for the 10+ yrs the previous owner had it docked there. Seem like good peeps.
Also did our bottom job when we first picked it up.
Brad at Shangri-La is ramping up a service dept also. Might give them a call.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I highly recommend the guys at Tera Miranda if you are having service done. They do all of the work on my Formula 353, but I guess a lot depends on what you are having done. They regularly service my XR's and Stelling Ext. boxes, and they recently installed Sportmaster Lowers for me. The one thing I would caution you about, is they aren't always the cheapest, but I guess as marina service departments on the lake go, I would say they are fairly competitive. One thing is for sure, they will do the job right, and they will stand behind their work.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Registered

We also all know a guy named Brad in Joplin that can most likely do anything you need. KC to Joplin is a pretty easy pull. All of the engines he built that were running at LOTO last weekend ran like they were supposed to so he might not be too busy.

Last edited by E Dock DD; 08-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.