Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Detroit:  Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill? >

Detroit: Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?

Notices

Detroit: Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlj676
I thought about going with a plan of storing and towing, but it would also be considerably more effort, and require owning a tow vehicle. I'd spend any savings from drydocking on gas for the tow vehicle as a daily driver, and the added hassle would make it tougher to get out on the water.

How big of a boat can they rack, and do you know the additional cost?
I called them yesterday out of curiosity and they could rack my 38 ft for the summer for $1600 and $4.85 a square foot for winter inside storage. So the total would be about $ 3200 for the year. I am paying about $ 800 more a year at Anchor bay marina on Lake St.Clair but feel its worth it. For how close it is for me and where I boat on the lake I more than make up the price difference in gas and convenience, Not to mention worrying about having enough ammo if I had to travel down into the ghetto.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetwater magnum
I realize this is out of the area you guys are looking at but just as a FYI , Desmond Marine on the Black River in Port Huron has rack storage also, if anyone is looking in this region.
Good info. You're right, it's outside my area, but someone might search this thread later. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

I went down and checked out Kean's and Harbor Hill on Friday. Rates and usage are identical for both places. The ammenities of each marina are slightly different (pool vs tennis courts, clubhouse bar vs large banquet room, etc). Both places are well kept and both staffs are very friendly. I would recommend calling each for a visit and make your decision based on your own preferences.

For my 24' the rate is $999 for in/out rack storage. Temp wells are available for scheduling at either place if you want to keep the boat in the water for a night.

Thanks to everybody who posted in this thread. I'll make my decision this week, but will end up at one of these marinas.

-Dan
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnny b good
I called them yesterday out of curiosity and they could rack my 38 ft for the summer for $1600 and $4.85 a square foot for winter inside storage. So the total would be about $ 3200 for the year. I am paying about $ 800 more a year at Anchor bay marina on Lake St.Clair but feel its worth it. For how close it is for me and where I boat on the lake I more than make up the price difference in gas and convenience, Not to mention worrying about having enough ammo if I had to travel down into the ghetto.
Do you know how they are pricing their rack storage? I'm boat shopping and curious what the additional cost would be getting a 32 over a 28 for example.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlj676
Do you know how they are pricing their rack storage? I'm boat shopping and curious what the additional cost would be getting a 32 over a 28 for example.
Your best bet is call the marina your interested in for pricing. a lot of marinas are hurting in Michigan and are offering deals or incentives for new customers.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Registered

I have my Baja at Kean's rack in and out serv., and they are very nice, They have a great marina, my family has been keeping boats there for years. They let me pay month to month. Plus this was a few years ago they were giving fuel discounts for members at the gas dock. (i was at Beacons cove for two years and my boat kept getting damaged! in the yard and in the well!)
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

I just launched at Kean's yesterday and ran up to Gull Island. Very nice staff and facility. I'm looking forward to the season. Here's a pic of the boat, stop by and say hi if you see me out there. -Dan

2000 Pantera 24 Sport w/Twin Promax 225's
Attached Thumbnails Detroit:  Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?-img_1577.jpg  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered

Nice Boat!!!! I seen it on a work rack last Saturday, when I closed the sale on my Baja, I'll be back there, looking for a new boat next season.