Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Detroit:  Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill? >

Detroit: Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?

Notices

Detroit: Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?

Old 05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit: Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?

I read motoboy's post below and called Kean's and Harbor Hill today. Rates are the same, I'm going to go check out both places Friday.

Does anybody have an opinion of either place, or things to look for when I visit them this week? This will be in/out rack storage for a 24' Pantera.

Thanks in advance!

-Dan
Old 05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are those places in Detroit on the river. Where do you plan on spending the majority of you time on the water. If it is in Lake St Clair you would be better off at a place like Beacon Cove it puts you a little closer to the action. Since you live in Madison Hghts have you given thought to trailering, that's what we do and we put in closest to where we want to boat for the weeked, if we are going to the bay we put in at Erie Metro park and for weekends on Lake St Clair we put in at metro.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info

I don't have room at my house to store the boat, so trailering isn't a good option. I was thinking I'd try it downtown for a year and see how I like it. I spend a decent amount of time in the city anyway, plus it's a central location for getting to muscamoot/Gull and the spots down on Lake Erie. I've got friends in both places, and I like to cruise the river, so I don't mind burning some gas cruising to the spots.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

What have you found to be the going rate for rack storage in both Detroit and St Clair Shores?

I'm wanting a 26 to 28 footer and don't have a place to store it (or truck to tow).

Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Keans and Harbor Hill: $999 for summer. I'm going to go check them out in person on Friday.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkinnyDan
Keans and Harbor Hill: $999 for summer. I'm going to go check them out in person on Friday.
Thanks, that's not too bad.

Please post up your opinions of the places after you check them out.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

I'm going to keep my boat at a storage yard on Jefferson in Harrison Twp for the summer, $40 a month. I'll get an annual pass at the DNR and use the Harley Ensign ramp at the end of South River most days.

I thought about rack storage, but I don't think it's worth the price. Plus, I have a tendency to be out later in the evening, and the forklift guy will be gone before I come in.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
Plus, I have a tendency to be out later in the evening, and the forklift guy will be gone before I come in.
Just FYI, Harbor Hill said the forklift runs till 10pm, if you come in after that, they have temporary wells where you can dock, and they'll lift it in the morning.

You plan is not bad, I just don't have access to my tow vehicle all the time.

I'm still planning on going downtown this afternoon, I'll post what I find out.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkinnyDan
Just FYI, Harbor Hill said the forklift runs till 10pm, if you come in after that, they have temporary wells where you can dock, and they'll lift it in the morning.

You plan is not bad, I just don't have access to my tow vehicle all the time.

I'm still planning on going downtown this afternoon, I'll post what I find out.
I thought about going with a plan of storing and towing, but it would also be considerably more effort, and require owning a tow vehicle. I'd spend any savings from drydocking on gas for the tow vehicle as a daily driver, and the added hassle would make it tougher to get out on the water.

How big of a boat can they rack, and do you know the additional cost?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

I realize this is out of the area you guys are looking at but just as a FYI , Desmond Marine on the Black River in Port Huron has rack storage also, if anyone is looking in this region.

Quick Reply: Detroit: Opinions of rack storage at Keans or Harbor Hill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.