Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands? >

Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Notices

Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I stand corrected , i have never been in to Bonnie castle ..friend of mine said its a good fuel dock .. just never tried it ..

ragged do you concern yourself with puting the higher octane in your 525's ??
Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered

As far as trouble on the Canadian side..Ive never had any at all...
When we go to A Bay we used to get told to flip on the captains choice....

There are some pretty fancy boats here....big Donzi in Rockport, Bill's "My Way"...it's pretty silent with the turbines though...and numerous boats who run the channel...some guys must blow thousands in gas in a weekend...amazing to see!

Good luck... plan some locations to visit, your going to love it here in August.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a place across from Clayton and my boat is far from quiet, I have not had problems. I stay out of Alex Bay most weekends, way to many boats, except for gas runs. 93 is available at Horizons and Bonnie Castle. If you have a loud boat out after dark in the Bay, you will get pulled over.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Obey the speed limits. Especially in the Narrows from Fishers to the Bay, unless you know your way around, especially at night...cause they sure don't
Old 02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a place on Murray Bay, right across from Millens Bay, just East of Carlton Island, RARELY even see "water cops" and have never been hassled about "noise", but, have seen "no wake" zones enforced, especially on holiday weekends.

No Idea about 93 octane fuel, but, there is a fellow from Kingston at "Bullet Engines" that runs a SERIOUS DCB 34 and builds engines for some other stout boats, he must get gas somewhere?.

I have seen "My Way" at the 1000 Islands Run several times, GORGEOUS boat!, had no idea the fellow that owned it was from the area?, would love to see it tearing up the river, I cant imagine how cool that thing would look at night!

I appreciate people wanting there "quiet" time when at there cottages/trailers and marina's, but, I think its also "give and take", I am sure that the open exhaust on my boat is annoying to as many people as it is enjoyable, but, I feel the same way about 2 stroke Jet Ski's, they are probably alot of fun to rip around on, but, having to listen to them [for hours on end] drives me nuts!

Well, its almost mid February, wont be long now and we will all be back on the water, so, lets hope for a safe and enjoyable season!

Michael
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
I have seen "My Way" at the 1000 Islands Run several times, GORGEOUS boat!, had no idea the fellow that owned it was from the area?, would love to see it tearing up the river, I cant imagine how cool that thing would look at night!

Michael
Ya..he right past the 1000 islands bridge heading to Rockport...huge Indian toe-dom? poll ..can't miss it!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by whataride

ragged do you concern yourself with puting the higher octane in your 525's ??

Not at all, they are designed to run on the low octane fuel, using the 93 is just a waste of money.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

hey Ragged,they havnt been able to catch me in the race boat yet.I launch it at Bonnie so they dont know that its me yet.When they find out it will be all over.I'll have numbers on it come spring.I'll take you out and maybe you can show me how to drive thru the chine.We know that you Velocity guys have alot of experience with that.And by the way! Dont drive your golf cart while drinking,they dont like that either.I think the loud muffler tickets might have had something to do with the lawyers gay lover yelling at me with a megaphone " YOUR BOAT IS TOO LOUD"
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

guys,
thanks for all the input...it's been very informative
D
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by heater63
hey Ragged,they havnt been able to catch me in the race boat yet.I launch it at Bonnie so they dont know that its me yet.When they find out it will be all over.I'll have numbers on it come spring.I'll take you out and maybe you can show me how to drive thru the chine.We know that you Velocity guys have alot of experience with that.And by the way! Dont drive your golf cart while drinking,they dont like that either.I think the loud muffler tickets might have had something to do with the lawyers gay lover yelling at me with a megaphone " YOUR BOAT IS TOO LOUD"

I didn't come up with the name Ragged Edge for the Velocity out of nowhere. The secret is lots of horsepower and brass balls, combined of course with a little talent and a desire not to die.
Would love to take a rip in that race boat, I'm thinking I could master the thing, so you're on!

Speaking of partners ............ what's up with yours? He's not on here at all anymore since the pranksters got the best of him. Out of character for him not to have a come back of some sort.

Quick Reply: Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.