Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands? >

Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Notices

Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Thinking of taking a vacation in Clayton NY in August. I got Twin 516 CID w/ dry exhaust....am I going to have a problem with the water cops?

Music to our ears is not heard the same by others.

Also, howw about 92min octane fuel?

Last edited by dennyp123; 02-05-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been up there in August for the past 5 years, and let me tell you, there's some pretty loud boats. I've never seen or heard of anyone pulled over for loud exhaust, but you never know. As for fuel, I'm having a tough time remembering now... but I think at the docks it's either 89 or 93 as a choice, or maybe 91 or 93. I'm sure others will know for sure. Worst case, pull it out and go to the Big M in town.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Registered

thanks mach...anyone else with some info on noise and fuel? thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We bought 89 in both Kingston and Brockville from the pumps last summer at the Poker Run. We used some 104 Octane boost and of course a few cans of our own blends.
If you want to go fast you have to bring it with you, as there are not many pumped hp to be found that I am aware of. Pump gas is mostly for the cruiser folks touring the islands at a much slower pace than us.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Default fuel on the river

No high octane available anymore , Hutchinsons in A.Bay only has 89 ..nothing higher on the Canadian side .I live in the area and noise is uaually not a problem except for poker run weekend .. I do have some tree huggers that dont like my boat .next door neighbours ....
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

dont even put your boat in the water without mufflers,I have property in Alex Bay.I couldnt get my boat outta my dock with out getting pulled over.this the most overpoliced area on the river,its friggen disgusting how rediculous this is.There is state police,Alex bay police,border patrol,coast gaurd,sheriffs and many redneck tree huggers just waiting to harass you.But if you can keep your boat quiet and not raise hell while driving they wont bother you.Its really an awesome place to go and have fun.Get your gas on the way there and pick up a set of mufflers and you'll enjoy yourself much more
Old 02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

I live there in the summers and I'm a Canadian citizen...On the Canadian side I can tell you 100% there are no laws for loud boats...none what so ever ...we love our performance boats there! Your going to love it

You can get high Octane at Ed Huck Marina in Rockport...at least last year you could
Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Last season Vans in the bay, across from the Village dock, had 91 or 93. I think Horizon Marine, next to Vans, also had 91/93 available.

Far as the water cops, haven't had any problems. There are a chit load of them up here, and the state park police seem to be the most "energetic" bunch. But don't see too many being tested for noise. Follow the speed limits, respect the no wake zones, and likely you'll fine.

heater63, If you had some reg numbers on that race boat it might help!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 02-09-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Default removeable mufflers

Does any body know of a manufactuer that makes "quick " clamp on style mufflers ??

The Ontario Provincial Police have stopped me while i was approaching my dock ...questioned my exhaust ..just wanted to know if I had mufflers ...I thought it was quite obvious that i didn't , gave me a verbal warning not to be Seen or heard in the area without mufflers ...( poker run weekend is the only time I have been stopped ) I try not to stick around when the Fuzz is in the area

..They really did take offence to a buddies boat with no numbers on it another time ...so dont chance that one .
Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Last Season I bought my 93 octane at Bonnie Castle in Alex Bay on the US side a bunch of times. Last I checked Brockville, ON had 93 also. Like Ragged said I think Horizon has 93 also but I would call around first. You could have problems around town docks on the US side and around Alex Bay with noise. Every where else I doubt you are going to have a problem. There is a lot of serious hardware up there running around and haven't heard of too many people having a problem outside the harbor areas.

Quick Reply: Noise laws-st lawrance river-1000 islands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.