Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will said KAAMA man.........
Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

Torch Lake, Again this weekend!
Hope to see someone there!
Sandbar by noon saturday, bring a cooler!
JR
Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered

Was out on Elk Lake on 5/16 in the afternoon. Should have gone on Torch instead.......

Won't be back up till Memorial Day weekend.

tg.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by motoboy
Was out on Elk Lake on 5/16 in the afternoon. Should have gone on Torch instead.......

Won't be back up till Memorial Day weekend.

tg.
I will be out Sunday and Monday, depending on weather
All white 202 Chris Craft
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
When it comes to performance boating (as most of us already know), there are some people that will always despise our kind of boating no matter what.

That being said, I have said this before about going up north....for the most part, as long as you're a "cool player", I have found that you most likely will not have any problems with the law.

Rev your engines un-neccessarily in a harbor or marina area, or go too fast near anchored boats or high traffic area and you're most likely are going to get some attention from the law you're probably NOT going to like .
Need to pick a weekend to bring the A/T up.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Vacationed in that area since the early 60's - defintely one of my favorite spots. I'd love to get up there for a week this summer - but having recently started a new job, I'm not sure I'll be able to get the time.

The perfect target week would probably be the week between Boyne Thunder and the new PR that I hear they are planning in Traverse City - you could hit one, hang out in the Chain-O-Lakes all week, then hit the other. If I can even sneak up for a short weekend (can't leave early on Fri) it would be worth it, but I doubt I'd tow the Formula up from NE Ohio unless I had a whole week to use it. So I'd be boatless.

But even then, you can still have fun. The wife and I went up to BT that way a couple of years ago and had a great time - we were able to enjoy Boyne City, Charlevoix and Bellaire - with enough time to stop at The Dockside on the way home. I'm betting they are due for some smooth water this year...

Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Vacationed in that area since the early 60's - defintely one of my favorite spots. I'd love to get up there for a week this summer - but having recently started a new job, I'm not sure I'll be able to get the time.

The perfect target week would probably be the week between Boyne Thunder and the new PR that I hear they are planning in Traverse City - you could hit one, hang out in the Chain-O-Lakes all week, then hit the other. If I can even sneak up for a short weekend (can't leave early on Fri) it would be worth it, but I doubt I'd tow the Formula up from NE Ohio unless I had a whole week to use it. So I'd be boatless.

But even then, you can still have fun. The wife and I went up to BT that way a couple of years ago and had a great time - we were able to enjoy Boyne City, Charlevoix and Bellaire - with enough time to stop at The Dockside on the way home. I'm betting they are due for some smooth water this year...

Hey blackjack58
Sorry to hear you dont get much of a chance to get upnorth,
I am there every weekend, atleast for right now, looking at opening a business up at the northern tip of Torch Lake, i grew up in the area, graduated from Central LAKE High school, never enjoyed it like I do now, but much older and thought the world had better things to offer than the little town of Eastport Michigan, and now its pulling me back, and what a beautiful place!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

To me, the fun actually begins the moment we leave the end of my driveway for the trip up there and all the anticipation that goes with it. It's a little bit of heaven on earth up there.

There's no place like home, but I must admit I do not share the same enthusiasim for the return trip home.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EASY WAKE
I am there every weekend, atleast for right now, looking at opening a business up at the northern tip of Torch Lake,
maybe open that bar back up at 31/m88

Originally Posted by EASY WAKE
i grew up in the area, graduated from Central LAKE High school,
Did you have a teacher named Ms. Carleton?

Can't wait to get back up there on Memorial day weekend.

tg.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Recently, I was going through some old postcard images I had scanned on my PC when I came across this - older guys may remember this spot...it was one of those buildings you see as a kid and never forget - just classic Northern Michigan...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.