Notices

Calgary, Canada

Old 01-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyjr
sorry,i wasnt trying to imply you didnt belive me,try looking at saskjobs.ca and i think that shoul give you a good idea of what type of work is availble out here.im sorry to hear you are out of work i have a few friends from the oshawa area and i know it got hit pretty hard.if i can help with anymore info or if you want to come check it out we always have a spare room and a spare sled.just let me know
Thanks! I appreciate the offer and hospitality! I would make the move in a "second" pretty hard to have a decent life here when everybody is paying $10/hr if your lucky!

I will look up the link you provided, I come from a skilled trades background, so, hopefully there is something out there. I have tried a few of the "oil sands" job listings, but, they all want you to pay in order to apply, and I just cant do that, LOL!

Thanks for the help, its appreciated!

Michael
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey no problem i will get some links for you on monday,lately it seems welders are in particular demand i know of a pipeline company that has just hired about 20-25 guys from texas to weld i sold acouple of them trucks and they said they are getting paid almost triple what they were getting back home and better benefits.the problem with the american workers is that its not permanent[contract work]so the canadian worker is much more desired.so right now a canadian skilled trade worker is geting paid very well and there is lots of work available.but as we all know there is a downside today its -34c with the windchill more like-40c but the sleds sure like it if they are set up right.also its pretty flat theres an old joke around here,if your dog runs away you can see him for 3-4 days.but good people and hard wokers and they party as hard as they work[just watch any home roughrider game]
Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

roughneak is one of the hardest jobs in the world.........
and no one has patience enough to extend second chances
and mistakes on a rig can and usualy are fatal to someone......
be sure.......
Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

Thanks Jimmy! I really appreciate it, DAMN good of you!

"cents" I am 42, been around the block a frw times and NOT afraid of hard work, I know it wont be easy, but, I dont mind, I am used to being "under the gun" at work. I was born with ONE mouth and TWO ears, and I am WELL aware of why (-:

Thanks again Jimmy! Its appreciated!

Michael
Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

hey no problem,its not all roughneck work there are tons of companies that supply the oilfield,and on on and on.i hope that i can help,i also dont want to make any promises that i cant keep.but i feel pretty confident that we can find somthing for you!!!!!i am from ont.myself and have helped more than one friend find work out here.i will check tommorow and post some links.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered

i talked to a few people today and it looks like the next big hire is going to be end of jan to early feb.one guy i talked to is building four box stores at a strip mall and he needs lots f guys starting @22$per hour for general labours[sp]there is going to be a job fair here in regina in the last week of jan for aprox 50 companies from potash to oilfield work.so in a nutshell it looks good i will update tommorow.sorry no links yet im still waiting for them to be sent to me.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Registered

Thanks Jimmy!

I'm in NO way "expecting" you to gurantee me a job, considering we have never even met, I think its DAMN decent of you to do what you have done already! I DO truly appreciate any help, when you get any information I would be gratefull if you could provide it to me, Things "out here" are still really, really bad, what little "headway" we where making got pretty much CRUSHED by our wonderfull Premier implementing the "HST" and gas prices going through the roof, oh yeah, dont forget the "smart meters" that have caused hydro bills to double and tripple, not a good time to be in Ontario! LOL

Thanks for the Help Jimmy! I will PM you my contact info as well.

Hav a great day!

Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered

http://www.precisiondrilling.com/Car...rsOverview.cfm I just happened to see this on Precision's web site. I own a little of their stock. Well run company but I know nothing about how they treat workers. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
http://www.precisiondrilling.com/Car...rsOverview.cfm I just happened to see this on Precision's web site. I own a little of their stock. Well run company but I know nothing about how they treat workers. Good luck.
Will check it out! Thanks very much! Its appreciated!

Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered

im so sorry that i havent got back to you yet but i will text tommorow.been very busy but i will follow through

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.