Notices

Lake St. Clair Buddies

Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Nick,

Nephew not doing much work on the boat this Winter. I did have the Motors redone and putting in a new Dash. I was down at Kustom Marine today and everything is going good. Boat should be done by the lst of May if not sooner.

As you are I'm looking forward to Skater Fest, I think I will be at Metro all weekend LONG.
Me too. Binoculars are ready. Haha I'll be perched right on the wall watching them parade in and out. Maybe we can hook up and run down to Belle Isle or something on Saturday, I think they're headed south from what I've read.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
What rpm's that at?
You see, here's the part where everyone wants to kill me haha.....the tach only works intermittently so I don't know actually.

I like the prop I have for getting on plane and cruising, but I'm positive I'm not getting the most out of the top end. Haven't really gotten the desire to change it out yet for some reason. I keep telling myself I'll do it after I redo the tach, which to me then means I need to do all the gauges......
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
We need to get you running a box & shorty!!!
I need to do something.... but just bought this so my cash is flying out the door fixin her up haha.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Was this guy looking for rack storage? Or a well I knid of know more about the rack storage on lake st. clair than I care to admit
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'm at Beacon Cove but not positive I'm staying....

I feel I'm a $ sign to them, no relationship really after being there a few years or feeling like the customer is ever right. Also when the races are there you can't use your boat really, I don't like to lose a weekend. And if you do want to use it in the times they'll put it in, your guests all have to pay to go out on your boat (that you pay a ton to keep there) because they need wristbands!
I can't disagree with you there. IMO the hi-lo drivers are dickheads and act like they're doing you a favor putting your boat in the water. They're supposed to allow you access to your boat and the lake until October 15th and in my three years there they've never stayed open that long. I know that most people don't want to boat after mid-September anyhow, but last year we had some nice days around October 5th-10th on three separate occasions I had a crew come down to the marina to go out on the boat and no one was around to put it in the water and by October 10th there were shrink wrapped boats on blocks in front of where they generally put it in at. They don't want you to leave it shored up with more than 1/4 tank of gas, but they shut you down and don't let you run out your old gas for the final two weeks of the season.

I really don't care for BCM, but they're $1000 cheaper for my boat than any other marina for yearly rack storage. I really don't want to pay Macray x$3,700 or Hideaway $3,200 for the season to keep my boat there. I found a spot with a hoist (which I would prefer) for around the same money (actually a little less), but it is a much further drive. I'm just trying to figure out if I want that hassel, and I DO like that my boat is kept indoors in the winter time.

I'll add... Before I kept my boat there I was really concerned about night time use when its locked up. I was told by the main person in charge BEFORE I gave them my money that I could call ahead and they would put my boat in before they went home for the evening. AFTER giving them my money I was told that I had to be there, there was no call service, and that they had no idea what I was talking about....

Last edited by wjb21ndtown; 04-15-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
AFTER giving them my money I was told that I had to be there, there was no call service, and that they had no idea what I was talking about....
Why anymore I get EVERYTHING in writing and have it signed. Then it's someone's ass on the line.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I can't disagree with you there. IMO the hi-lo drivers are dickheads and act like they're doing you a favor putting your boat in the water. They're supposed to allow you access to your boat and the lake until October 15th and in my three years there they've never stayed open that long. I know that most people don't want to boat after mid-September anyhow, but last year we had some nice days around October 5th-10th on three separate occasions I had a crew come down to the marina to go out on the boat and no one was around to put it in the water and by October 10th there were shrink wrapped boats on blocks in front of where they generally put it in at. They don't want you to leave it shored up with more than 1/4 tank of gas, but they shut you down and don't let you run out your old gas for the final two weeks of the season.

I really don't care for BCM, but they're $1000 cheaper for my boat than any other marina for yearly rack storage. I really don't want to pay Macray x$3,700 or Hideaway $3,200 for the season to keep my boat there. I found a spot with a hoist (which I would prefer) for around the same money (actually a little less), but it is a much further drive. I'm just trying to figure out if I want that hassel, and I DO like that my boat is kept indoors in the winter time.

I'll add... Before I kept my boat there I was really concerned about night time use when its locked up. I was told by the main person in charge BEFORE I gave them my money that I could call ahead and they would put my boat in before they went home for the evening. AFTER giving them my money I was told that I had to be there, there was no call service, and that they had no idea what I was talking about....
That sums it about up!

Sometimes they are friendly, other times it's a hassle for them to put in. I typically tip them too and sometimes wonder why....

I've seen them go out of their way to help other guys pull in alone, but basically never get off the lift for me so I don't get it. It's hit or miss or something. Overall the lift guys are way nicer than Karen, once she has your money anyways.

What about hideaway right next door, isn't it cheaper?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Registered

I must have been thinking of Landsend or something, at the end of S. River Rd. They quoted me $3,200. I thought the marina next door had an open air rack storage building that leaves the transom of the boat exposed, but I could be wrong. If I went that route and they do expose the transom, I would have to get a new cover. Mine has shrunk over the years and the snaps on the transom don't want to stretch that far anymore. I would consider going over there though.

That said, it is kind of a ***** to get turned around in there for me. I would more or less have to back down the entire marina, or hope that they have an empty well. They get a good wind/current down their main entrance/exit, and the turn at the end is kind of rough in my 32'. Not to mention, they seem to have a lot of drunken rowdy people over there. I am mad enough to shop around though, and I'd love to find a new place to go just to give BCM a big FU.

I don't know what the deal is with the BCM hi-lo drivers. I always give them extra money when I buy ice, I'm always really cool with them. I always tell them "when you get a minute," "I'm in no hurry," and I try to give them a heads up when I'm going to be doing something like adjusting my timing or waiting on one final passenger or something that would cause me to sit in at the dock and take up space, and ask to be put in the chitty end spot. Still they complain and moan. They also have a fit and act like they're waiting all day for me to get passengers and whatnot off of my boat as SOON as I pull in, but I will see other people pull in and sit there, or be splashed and sit there, and they won't say anything to them. They definitely play favorites, and its not money related (at least not small money/tip related). The short blond guy is my favorite, the other two can kiss my azz.

At the end of the day I think I'm just not BCMs crowd. My people are super respectful, and I've never had a problem there, but BCM seems to love family boaters w/ kids, and old people that rarely use their boats. I'm out 3-4 days a week. I think they get sick of servicing me.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i cant find anyone to do rack storage on a 33ft boat over there (limit is 32ft from the places i called). Does anyone know of storage areas that i could park the boat and trailer in, for a fair price thats close to the DNR launch (south river road). I wouldnt have any issue leaving my boat on the trailer down there, instead of pulling the boat back and forth all the time.
If anyone knows of a rack storage that will handle a 33ft boat, or a storage yard could you let me know thanks.

Last edited by prostock3; 04-17-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock3
so i cant find anyone to do rack storage on a 33ft boat over there (limit is 32ft from the places i called). Does anyone know of storage areas that i could park the boat and trailer in, for a fair price thats close to the DNR launch (south river road). I wouldnt have any issue leaving my boat on the trailer down there, instead of pulling the boat back and forth all the time.
If anyone knows of a rack storage that will handle a 33ft boat, or a storage yard could you let me know thanks.

There is a place down river that does it. I know they can handle a 35' Cig. I looked at one that was rack stored. Macray may be able to handle 33' as well. BCM has a large yard, I'm sure Karen would allow you to leave your boat in the yard and use BCM's launch for a fee. They have a pretty decent ramp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.