Lake St. Clair Buddies

Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is BCM short for something?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I can't disagree with you there. IMO the hi-lo drivers are dickheads and act like they're doing you a favor putting your boat in the water. They're supposed to allow you access to your boat and the lake until October 15th and in my three years there they've never stayed open that long. I know that most people don't want to boat after mid-September anyhow, but last year we had some nice days around October 5th-10th on three separate occasions I had a crew come down to the marina to go out on the boat and no one was around to put it in the water and by October 10th there were shrink wrapped boats on blocks in front of where they generally put it in at. They don't want you to leave it shored up with more than 1/4 tank of gas, but they shut you down and don't let you run out your old gas for the final two weeks of the season.

I really don't care for BCM, but they're $1000 cheaper for my boat than any other marina for yearly rack storage. I really don't want to pay Macray x$3,700 or Hideaway $3,200 for the season to keep my boat there. I found a spot with a hoist (which I would prefer) for around the same money (actually a little less), but it is a much further drive. I'm just trying to figure out if I want that hassel, and I DO like that my boat is kept indoors in the winter time.

I'll add... Before I kept my boat there I was really concerned about night time use when its locked up. I was told by the main person in charge BEFORE I gave them my money that I could call ahead and they would put my boat in before they went home for the evening. AFTER giving them my money I was told that I had to be there, there was no call service, and that they had no idea what I was talking about....
+100 You could not of wrote that any better. They also close @ 8:00 all summer but they are never there just before 8:00. Why do I pay to leave it in the water? Oh yeah also thanks for never turning on the bubbler in the water Is it really that hard to flip a switch.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by prostock3
is BCM short for something?
Beacon Cove Marina=BCM
Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 AM

so i cant find anyone to do rack storage on a 33ft boat over there (limit is 32ft from the places i called). Does anyone know of storage areas that i could park the boat and trailer in, for a fair price thats close to the DNR launch (south river road). I wouldnt have any issue leaving my boat on the trailer down there, instead of pulling the boat back and forth all the time.
If anyone knows of a rack storage that will handle a 33ft boat, or a storage yard could you let me know thanks.
Anchor Bay Mairna can do up to 46' I think for 43' for sure I know great place and clean only rack no marina.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

so i cant find anyone to do rack storage on a 33ft boat over there (limit is 32ft from the places i called). Does anyone know of storage areas that i could park the boat and trailer in, for a fair price thats close to the DNR launch (south river road). I wouldnt have any issue leaving my boat on the trailer down there, instead of pulling the boat back and forth all the time.
If anyone knows of a rack storage that will handle a 33ft boat, or a storage yard could you let me know thanks.

I keep mine at Sundog on S.River rd. Inside building and on trailer, just down from DNR. Ask for Ron P.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Tell him the guy with the Powerplay sent you.

Ron 586-468-5400
Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I keep mine at Sundog on S.River rd. Inside building and on trailer, just down from DNR. Ask for Ron P.
PPJ, do you put it in and out yourself? And, if so, what do they charge you for that, approximately (or what would they charge someone else for that, if you get some sort of friend discount)?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
PPJ, do you put it in and out yourself? And, if so, what do they charge you for that, approximately (or what would they charge someone else for that, if you get some sort of friend discount)?
Kept inside building. I call and they park it outside. I use DNR launch and when I'm done drop it back off in lot. Building is secure and lot is fenced. Gates are open 8 to 8 24/7. I pay under $600 May 1st to Oct ? They will provide a remote for gate for afterhours use, I think that's a $50 refundable deposit. You are also able to use the covered wells if you want to just leave it in water overnight. Gas is close (both water and land stations). I've been there for 3 seasons and am happy with the service.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Kept inside building. I call and they park it outside. I use DNR launch and when I'm done drop it back off in lot. Building is secure and lot is fenced. Gates are open 8 to 8 24/7. I pay under $600 May 1st to Oct ? They will provide a remote for gate for afterhours use, I think that's a $50 refundable deposit. You are also able to use the covered wells if you want to just leave it in water overnight. Gas is close (both water and land stations). I've been there for 3 seasons and am happy with the service.

What do you do for winter storage?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

My Beacon Cove story.............
Had my Fountain in one of the outdoor storage racks in front of the building for 3 years. In the middle of the season in 2007 they call me on a Monday morning and say my boat is to heavy for their forklifts and the lift chain broke while they were lifting my boat out. I was standing there when they lifted the boat and saw and heard nothing break.
They said they would put me in one more time to leave or I could use a well for the remainder of the season which I had to do as no other rack was available. The next day another boat was in the rack I vacated.

Might as well tell my Michigan Harbor story also............
Had my brand new boat trailer stolen from their lot summer of 2000. When I told the marina office what happened they just blew me off. Couple weeks later mine and a bunch of other boats were broken into, again a complete blow off.

My previous boat was rack stored at Lands End for a few years but the drive and traffic on S. River Rd. on weekends made me leave their. Backing into the takeout wells there is difficult with the river current and boat traffic going to the gas docks.

We're in Traverse City now and really enjoy the area but there are no rack facilities and only a few marinas with long waiting lists and high rates. Luckly we got into a marina our third summer here.
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.