Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
white sands beach boblo island >

white sands beach boblo island

Notices

white sands beach boblo island

Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone that's interested may 14th 7:30 pm grosse ile is having there city council meeting...I've heard through the grape vine there is gonna be a complaint festival about sugar island being off limits...I'm not sure if this is open to just residents or not...I myself have family that live on the island and they say they are going to complain...i'ld love to be there to voice my opinion...but as my luck has it I'll be out of town for work that week...maybe some of my fellow OSO members can make there way over to the meeting and we can get our beach back...keeping my fingers crossed!...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Man, that really sucks for you guys. Sounds like a big pain in the azz to find a nice beach. Come on over to the west side anytime, lots of nice sandy beaches without the hassle. Good luck with the meeting, with enough complaing maybe they will change their mind.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not a Grosse Ile Resident, but if the meeting is open to non-residents I am going to try and make it. I am just hoping the people that do show up keep it civilized..... Getting all crazy and yelling won't help this situation... I really hope there can be some sort of comprimise and we can get the island back... I am a regular on the island with an average of 4 days a week there last summer..... This is where my daughter meets up with all of her "summer" friends....
Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes!! White Sands is open to the public! I've heard the U.S. Has made a huge cut back in border patrol and will not be on the water as much which is a good thing. It is a big pain in the ass to call in when crossing back and fourth ( that's why I don't even bother). Leave it to the towel heads to ruin anothe good thing for us! It took them this long to figure Bin Laddens followers don't boat! Let's Get Crystal Bay back to where it was 15-20 years ago and show the copers and sherrif that we can party and be safe and responsible while doing it!