Notices

Raft off 2013...

Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raft off 2013...

Is anybody going to this? This would be a first time for myself... actually it will my first time on st. clair with my powerplay. Im a little intimidated considering that I live on a 800 acre lake and thats all I know...

Last edited by chrisf695; 08-01-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go every year. It is a fun time but I usually park the boat behind the line and take a stroll through. Let me know I can run out with you if you want.

Matt
Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Yep I also go every year. It can be very intimidating for anyone that's never been. I also stay just outside the line and stroll in throughout the day. Just take it easy and watch out for everyone else, you'll be fine. I typically come in slow until its shallow enough to walk the boat into position. A lot of guys like to be in a big hurry kicking up sand and dredge the bottom. If your dropping in at selfridge, you'll need to be there pretty early. We are leaving marina at 11am which is close to selfridge so you can follow us out if that's your plan. We have seven boats heading out. Let me know if you want to follow or if you have any questions in general.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

We have a group staying at Metro friday and saturday. We will do the raft off on saturday, then run the lake sunday.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
We have a group staying at Metro friday and saturday. We will do the raft off on saturday, then run the lake sunday.
X2 If you need a group to run and hang with at the raftoff be at the slips at metro around 7 am. if you want more info just PM me.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.. Im pretty sure that myself and my buddy of mine are going to get there Friday and stay the night on another friends 38' sailboat. Then get a somewhat early start Saturday... Ill be in no hurry what so ever getting out there and Ive been looking at the depth charts here and there. I have a nice marine navigation app on my ipad that I can bring but I think the best move would be to kind follow a group. Never used that app on a bigger lake before so I question it.

I am just little concerned about keeping up with a group though... just because I dont have a big boat like you guys do... but I know with my 24 degree hull I should be able to take more then the average Crownline or sea ray if theirs some big chop. Any feedback would be great on that...

Thanks again fellas

Last edited by chrisf695; 08-02-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisf695
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.. Im pretty sure that myself any my buddy of mine are going to get there friday and stay the night on another friends 38' sailboat. Then get a somewhat early start Saturday... Ill be in no hurry what so ever getting out there and Ive been looking at the depth charts here and there. I have a nice marine navigation app on my ipad that I can bring but I think the best move would be to kind follow a group. Never used that app on a bigger lake before so I question it.

I am just little concerned about keeping up with a group though... just because I dont have a big boat like you guys do... but I know with my 24 degree hull I should be able to take more then the average Crownline or sea ray if theirs some big chop. Any feedback would be great on that...

Thanks again fellas
I got your number and will get in touch next week. Don't worry about the keeping up part as we are just gonna take it easy heading out, not like we are going for a run. It's only about a 10 minute ride at a slow cruise, 40ish mph.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Chris, I also am coming out for my first time. I can vouch for Nightlife And RFGONZO. They are good people. That's who Im meeting up with, I know it's not a race with them, it's about making new friends. I've got a Baja272 called COMFORTABLY NUMB. If you see me please drop by and say hello. Good luck have fun.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had two xlt 185's and used them exclusively on St. Clair. You wont have any problem with that boat out their.
Steve
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

Even if people take off on the water we would never leave anyone behind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.