Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
PIB Labor Day Weekend... >

PIB Labor Day Weekend...

Notices

PIB Labor Day Weekend...

Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see it getting packed Friday night, I mean completely pack including mooring balls, but I've been wrong before. At the same time a lot of people though the weekend of the 20th in July was going to be insane but I saw dock space available on B dock, and that's dockage, not rafting off. That was the first weekend of Christmas in July and the leopa run. I was on C dock and I only had 1 boat raft off of me and that was for Saturday night.

We were going to go up for New Years but then the 31st became available at work for vacation so we changed our plans. Plus my little nephews birthday is the 14th so it works out. We will definitely plan for Halloween, lets just hope the weather, cooperates unlike last year.

Somebody has some pull on B dock who might be able to hold a spot for you, not mentioning any names cough Artie cough It would be great to see you guys again.

I still plan on going up Thursday just to be safe. If we both were off Friday and left early I'd be ok with that. The best thing you could do is just check with B dock on FB and they could maybe give you a better idea.

Last edited by s022mag; 08-19-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you dont even need a boat. you need a floating house! you should buy a 30 ft bayliner minus power. pull it over leave it at dock. since you go over and never leave to go boating....as in boating i mean like go drive your boat to another island or destination. aka burn some fuel.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TDSTYG
you dont even need a boat. you need a floating house! you should buy a 30 ft bayliner minus power. pull it over leave it at dock. since you go over and never leave to go boating....as in boating i mean like go drive your boat to another island or destination. aka burn some fuel.
Why do you even own a boat? Everything you do you can do from the beach. So if I stop drop anchor, swim, then go over I'd meet your standards? You should by a camper and leave it at alum since that's the only thing you do.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I wouldn't be able to make it until late Friday....so am I better off just waiting for New Years or Halloween? We are gonna try and get over there to see you guys this fall...
Late Friday will be a gamble for sure. I'd vote new years. Halloween is my favorite weekend, but it can be NASTY weather wise. I'll be there for all three
Old 08-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by s022mag
Why do you even own a boat? Everything you do you can do from the beach. So if I stop drop anchor, swim, then go over I'd meet your standards? You should by a camper and leave it at alum since that's the only thing you do.
You two are my favorite bickering married couple on OSO
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered

Somebody had too much fun!
Attached Thumbnails PIB Labor Day Weekend...-image.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by s022mag
I put more hours on my boat at Lake Erie my last 2 trips and more $$$$ in gas than you have in your last 2 years up there.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
You two are my favorite bickering married couple on OSO
Artie it's a complicated relationship
Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

Artie it's a complicated relationship
Complicated, eh?

ps... brake motor was full of water / rust. Tore it all down, still trying to locate the hydraulic parts. Got the motor to spin, but there is pretty much nothing left of the actual hydro pump from running metal on metal.. I'll keep you posted!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Complicated, eh?

ps... brake motor was full of water / rust. Tore it all down, still trying to locate the hydraulic parts. Got the motor to spin, but there is pretty much nothing left of the actual hydro pump from running metal on metal.. I'll keep you posted!
Cool let me know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.