Looking for advice on new sleds

Notices

Looking for advice on new sleds

Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,106 Likes on 1,400 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Thanks for all the info fellas. Man, this is gonna be a tough decision. I wish I would have had the chance to ride them but, the opportunity never came, not to mention I waited too long to decide on getting one.
I'm a Polaris blowhard, but I honestly feel if you do on and off trail, getting a Skidoo or Polaris 136" crossover will put big smiles on your face. Big ! As mentioned before, get rid of the stupid low windshields that come on them stock and get a good height one - frostbite is very real and the factory low shields are a guarantee to get you it.

Amazing after a good winter how many people get back to sledding. It's good to see ! I would have no enjoyment in life without a sled or boat. And yes, I have done a good amount of years with out each, and it was no friggen good. Give me liquid and frozen snow, and I'm good.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

How are guys getting frostbite? Open face with googles? I wear full shield helmets and never really had issues with fogging or icing. I. Can't imagine ridding with open face in the middle of the night -20 degrees going 80mph! That's just me though.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go yamaha solely for the reliability...there have been A LOT of issues with the other 3 manufacturers in the past few years. Get on hardcoresledder.com and read up. There are a lot of yam haters out there, but truth is they are by far the most reliable and with riding seasons so short why take a chance on something that may or may not have issues.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,106 Likes on 1,400 Posts

And here we go....

Remember, we are all azzholes with opinions. LOL.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Thus is where I just flip a coin
Old 04-01-2014, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
How are guys getting frostbite? Open face with googles? I wear full shield helmets and never really had issues with fogging or icing. I. Can't imagine ridding with open face in the middle of the night -20 degrees going 80mph! That's just me though.
I rode in -20 multiple times this year with an open face helmet and a mid-height windshield without issue. Key is a good balaclava (Klim!) and a good goggle/helmet fitment. I'm running a 509 Carbon helmet with Castle goggles...which for SOME reason fit better than the 509 Aviator goggles I have!

As for reliability...few sleds can touch the 1200 Doo over the past couple years. I have a bunch of friends with them...we all love them.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ski-Doo all the way. I actually work for a powersports dealer here in OH. Yamaha is very reliable hands down. But if you want to do any kind of technical riding the doo is so much more nimble in tight spots. I sell both manufacturers and my biggest ***** about the Yamaha is they are just heavy sleds. I ride hard through the trails and like to get out and play in some deep snow and with my doo I can throw it around when ever and where ever I want with plenty of two stroke power!

with the snow check program you can get an extra year of warranty taking it to 4 years witch is awesome or a couple of other options if you want.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

My 800 XRS, just sno checked a 2015.....is there anything else?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521241[/ATTACH]

Ski-doo - Light, nimble, reliable (don't listen to Yamaha guys)highest resale value (its not even close), best suspension period, most accessories, parts channel, easy to move when you are done with it. A few clutch mods, studs, and a gear will have an etec 800 walking everything you race, and pulling your arms corner to corner.

Polaris would be a close second for my riding style, but the resale on a Polaris scares me. They are hard to sell, and for little money.

A/C- not even an option for me. However for lake racing the 1100 turbo is hard to beat. Just make sure you Loctite everything when you take delivery. AC under engineers their fasteners.

Yamaha- Maybe in Minnesota, where the trails are paved and 24 hr groomed. But not for tight, bumpy, curvy trails. The engine will run forever, but so will my Massey Ferguson tractor, doesn't mean it is fun! The Yamaha/ AC Viper is down on power for the market it is chasing.....but I like the direction!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice on new sleds-photo-1.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doo is dialed i buy a new 800 etex 137 track every year ( average 4k in miles no problems ) The 2014 800 etec with a 137 track will eat any 4 stroke alive on the trails , 3 of my buddies went from the 4 stroke back to the 2 stroke after riding mine. no comparison on the trails plus MAJOR weight savings adds up on a 400 mile day . My last 3 sleds i oil/gas/grease and run the piss out of it with no problems . I rode artic crap for 10 years before switching over.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus
My 800 XRS, just sno checked a 2015.....is there anything else?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521241[/ATTACH]

Ski-doo - Light, nimble, reliable (don't listen to Yamaha guys)highest resale value (its not even close), best suspension period, most accessories, parts channel, easy to move when you are done with it. A few clutch mods, studs, and a gear will have an etec 800 walking everything you race, and pulling your arms corner to corner.

Polaris would be a close second for my riding style, but the resale on a Polaris scares me. They are hard to sell, and for little money.

A/C- not even an option for me. However for lake racing the 1100 turbo is hard to beat. Just make sure you Loctite everything when you take delivery. AC under engineers their fasteners.

Yamaha- Maybe in Minnesota, where the trails are paved and 24 hr groomed. But not for tight, bumpy, curvy trails. The engine will run forever, but so will my Massey Ferguson tractor, doesn't mean it is fun! The Yamaha/ AC Viper is down on power for the market it is chasing.....but I like the direction!
It does all depend on your riding style. I ride alot of Canada and open running trails, and I can tell you that no 800 Ski Doo is keepeing up with my Turbo. It is even great in the tighter trails. All kinds of sleds are made for all the different riders out there. Trying them and seeing which one fits best is the way to go, but without that option it can be tough. 4 strokes are gaining a larger part of the market. Even Ski Doo came out with a 3rd 4 stroke engine last year. 4 strokes also hold their value very well. I love the performance, mileage and ease of the 4 stroke. If riding a lot of tight trails, than a lighter 2 stoke might be in order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.