Notices

Quick PIB Question

Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so it sounds like you can take the trip out there friday and either get a spot or be screwed and have to come back
Old 07-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put it this way I run the islands almost every weekend and the only time I've not gotten in to pib was when all the docks were closed except b. Be patient and someone will pull ya in. Fill the boat with girls and they'll kick someone out to get ya in lol
Old 07-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by paul235
Put it this way I run the islands almost every weekend and the only time I've not gotten in to pib was when all the docks were closed except b. Be patient and someone will pull ya in. Fill the boat with girls and they'll kick someone out to get ya in lol
Same here, and although I've been slow this year, I've spent almost every other weekend up there in years past, and NEVER not found a spot. Worst case is we got a mooring ball one time, but I actually enjoyed that. Just be patient and toss the hook for a bit if you have to until something opens up.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you can anchor out and wait? or do you have to use a mooring ball? This is my second time there and the first time was a few years ago and we have a slip paid for weeks ahead of time. This is last min since our house that we where going to rent got trashed last weekend and unable to rent this weekend for my bash party
Old 07-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All Docks were open when I was there Tuesday. A-Dock looks really nice. Bummer is I blew a lower coming back. Had 6 people on board and lots of gas, which really wouldn't let the other motor do the job it needed to. Called Boat Tow, they grabbed us towed us back (about 4.5hrs) with numerous stops because the tow boat kept sucking up seaweed, then the tow boat was running low on fuel so we went from a cool 9MPH to less than 5 MPH... Then got stuck in a crazy thunderstorm... Had a great day at the island, had a terrible ride home.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock3
so you can anchor out and wait? or do you have to use a mooring ball? This is my second time there and the first time was a few years ago and we have a slip paid for weeks ahead of time. This is last min since our house that we where going to rent got trashed last weekend and unable to rent this weekend for my bash party
Prostock, since Xmas is spread out over 2 weekends it sort of thinned out the crowd. We are staying on middle bass Thursday thru Sunday, I'd call them I believe it middle bass state park they may have so cancelations. You can anchor in the harbor in PIB bay by the monument but if you do bring 2 anchors case the wind shifts on you. The water taxi will pick you up but they only run til midnight I believe same as if you were on the mooring balls. You can also call crews nest they might be able to reserve a spot but that's $$$ worth a shot though.

My gf wants to stay on PIB. If you can for sure get there by Friday I would be willing to go over and hold a spot for you but I don't want to get rafter in we are staying with a bunch of people at MB and want to stay there the rest of the weekend.

For what it's worth the only time I couldn't get a spot was when there was a sailboat regatta in taking up a whole dock.