Accident on LSC - 2 Killed >

Accident on LSC - 2 Killed

Notices

Accident on LSC - 2 Killed

Old 08-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisf695
My wife got drift of this horrible event on the news yesterday and we had plans going to the raft off with another couple on our boat... well... now the couple backed out and my wife is re-thinking going out there... understand though... myself and my wife do not boat on SC ever really, we live on a decent size inland lake(which really is no difference to me because I still see complete jackass's out here on our lake) But I did go to the raft off last year with a buddy of mine on my 19ft powerplay and had a blast and didn't drink a drop of alcohol. The wife on the other hand has never been on SC or any big body of water and is now very intimidated/scared about going now.... and we have no group or couple to go with. So looks like we will be enjoying the sandbar on Walled lake this weekend. Its simple... drinking and I mean DRINKING and boating to not mix.
Well that's a bummer... I do understand her concerns though. I still plan to go with our 30' Concept. I enjoy the ride from Downriver to the Moot and back as much, if not more, then the raft off itself. I haven't been to the raft off in a few years, and from pics and videos I have seen, it does appear the moot is slowing trending in a direction that I don't care for... I hope you have a fun weekend either way. If you do change your mind, you are more then welcome to raft up with us (30' Concept and a 29 Fountain). Obviously would have to come in together....
Old 08-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Right on. I know there was a few times I was getting thrown around overtaking. When they said 60 in a 25' I was like red flag. Then compound alkyhol. Recipe for disaster.

It looked bigger than a 25' btw.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

I believe it was a 29 outlaw, Had twins.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes 29 outlaw. The guy had a picture if himself standing In front if it as his profile pic on Facebook, until this morning when that was changed to a picture of him with his baby...... Trying to play the "family man" card.......