Notices

New Dragon

Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Mr. Sears. When I saw the first Dragon, even being a cat lover, I was impressed by the great styling. I love capped hulls and decks too.

Seeing the boat in person at the 2005 Miami show, it was a boat to almost fall in love with. I met Craig and Scott at their shop of 84 in FtL and Craig showed me several Dragons in various build stages. They took me to see the rollcage for Gino's boat being built.

I'm VERY glad this boat is being brought back, and the 27 Magnum as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

This is Scott Smith I was partners with Craig, I learned what passion was in a boat company from Craig, from our days at cigarette to Dragon. Now I can carry this on in GTMM and make it a successful boat company. Thanks for your interest in the past and now. Scott
Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Dragon

Scott,we have never met,but we will some day.

I got to know Giovanna at Magnum when he was very helpful in providing us with some old build information which has been extremely helpful in verifying current Magnums still running today.We are in the process of developing an official Magnum Registry for the 7-8 models under 30 ft.

The 1st dragon I saw was at Guardado's,and no question it has great lines which sets it above anything out there.No question all of us Magnums owners wish you and Giovanna great success and look forward to seeing you both and the new Magnum 27 at the July gathering in St Clair. Mich.If Mark( h2o) gets it organized.Bud
Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Default Thanks

We will be very much involved in ALL Magnum events. We want to get back to the old time love owners have for their boats. I started racing in a 20' Cigarette, 24' Donzi, 28 Scarab,30' Velocity Putt Putt and Franz Kneisl, 32' Cobra, and a 34' Coyote, 38' Cigarette ETC. so I am old school. Cant wait to meet you all. Scott
Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pictures?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I have to say, I remember so many years back – after Craig Barrie had left Cigarette – and listening to him talk so passionately describe his new vision…The Dragon. To listen to Craig was to be enthused. And if you were one of the few that were privileged to follow the step by step process of building his dream, while he dealt with the headaches and struggles of a performance boat builder, you couldn’t help but to be moved by his vision.

Seeing his vision come to life in the first Dragon, was awe inspiring. To see the next few built was inspirational. To see the economy and the business slow and the struggles that ensued was heartbreaking.
Very well put tank!

As Craig told me directly; people don’t want to buy a boat that doesn’t have a “name”. Cigarette, Outerlimits, Donzi, Nor-Tech…The name means as much as the product.
Not to get sound negative, but to build on this point I'd like to add the sound and image of the name itself is very important as well. With this said, GTMM doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, nor is it symbolic or memorable. I guess what I'm saying is while I 'get' and appreciate the GTMM name, I would reconsider it for marketing reasons. Again, just my 2 cents.

Again, we are all very excited to see the new 39 released, it's a beautiful boat!!! I wish you guys the best of luck...
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Not to get sound negative, but to build on this point I'd like to add the sound and image of the name itself is very important as well. With this said, GTMM doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, nor is it symbolic or memorable. I guess what I'm saying is while I 'get' and appreciate the GTMM name, I would reconsider it for marketing reasons. Again, just my 2 cents.

Again, we are all very excited to see the new 39 released, it's a beautiful boat!!! I wish you guys the best of luck...[/QUOTE]

I agree with Scot here, "branding" is so important in the boating world. GTMM is a tough one, hopefully the boats will speak for themselves and the name will catch on.........good luck guys and looking forward to seeing some performance numbers. Do you guys expect these boats to compete with companys like Skater or Outerlimits? Or are these boats gonna be more pleasure oriented like Formula or Sunsation?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Default Beautiful

We are going to make them all works of art. We want to make a luzurious, safe, stable eye catching boat. I really cant say who we will compete with. This will be up to the people who see it and test it and buy them.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Scott. It's been just over 20 years since I bought my first Top Gun when you and Craig were at Cigarette. I have kept in touch with Craig over the years but had lost track of yourself until today.
I wish you all the success in the world with this new venture. It sounds exciting and I will be following with interest.
All the best,
Bob Barnhart
Old 06-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...Not to get sound negative, but to build on this point I'd like to add the sound and image of the name itself is very important as well. With this said, GTMM doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, nor is it symbolic or memorable. I guess what I'm saying is while I 'get' and appreciate the GTMM name, I would reconsider it for marketing reasons. Again, just my 2 cents..." SS390

I totally agree. Does Craig own the Dragon name? If so maybe he would sell it? If not you guys should think of a snappy name to grab the public with.

It will always be the Dragon to me...