Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Hustler
New seat covers available for 98' Slingshot? >

New seat covers available for 98' Slingshot?

Notices

New seat covers available for 98' Slingshot?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New seat covers available for 98' Slingshot?

Hey guys,

We just upgraded from our Baja to a 1998 388 Slingshot. The paint, engines, everything is perfect on the boat but the vinyl is about 85%. It' not bad by any means but it is original and starting to show its age a bit. I was wondering if you could still order seat skins.????

Thanks!

Kieffer
Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

Just to update. I did get a reponse from John at Hustler. I sent pictures of the color scheme and he is checking with McCleod. I'll share when I get word.

Kieffer
Old 12-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a company in Florida that will take your old skin and make new ones,I had a very bad/dishonest experience with McLeod!!!

Jim or Missy at Premier Performance Interiors, I talked to Jim,easy to deal with,he said they had all the cnc cutters http://www.ppi-fl.com/

McLeod Designs Bad Business

New recovered by Mcleod using steel staples,Rusting

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...es-advice.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...toms-pick.html

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:47 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

When I saw this thread the first thing I thought of was Strip Pokers recent experience. McLeod has been around a long time and although I do not doubt Strip's account since I've heard McLeod has been effected by the recession, I still believe they are capable of producing good product......just work out a payment senario where you are covered until GOOD product is recieved.

BTW: 18 months ago I ordered some skins for my Formula without issue.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered

Thanks guys,

Premier Performance sounds interesting as we have been thinking about changing up the colors a bit. I'll see what the reponse from John is on the McCleod replacements.

Vinyl isnt too bad yet but its the only thing keeping it from looking like a new boat.

Last edited by Kieffer4; 12-15-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
When I saw this thread the first thing I thought of was Strip Pokers recent experience. McLeod has been around a long time and although I do not doubt Strip's account since I've heard McLeod has been effected by the recession, I still believe they are capable of producing good product......just work out a payment scenario where you are covered until GOOD product is received.

BTW: 18 months ago I ordered some skins for my Formula without issue.
I also had some work done a while back that came out good,they custom made me some Hustler pillows ,came back Very well packaged,bubble wrapped.I was happy till the staples started rusting,they said they would take care of it right then to use there ups #.I ask for a quote for getting some other stuff recovered,that took 3 months,Stephine McLeod was in Arizona on personal leave and her dad said he didn't know when she was coming back,He said she's the one that sets the prices, that I would have to wait,I ask if he knew about my head rest that the staples were rusting,then he proceeded to tell my about his Train collection that he had over 100 grand in and needed to sale it,then about his Chevelle that he just had redone and didn't like it so he was tearing it down and redo everything.I was told they had shut down during this time,that nobody was getting any return calls and emails etc,I finally Got a quote, it was fair,I sent in the shoddy work back and the stuff I wanted redone,at the time I thought I didn't have any choice,that they made some of the cockpit interior for Hustler,McLeod ended up would not cover any shipping on the head rest,seat bottom,or the labor and materials to fix there f up.Stephine accused me of lying said that I recovered the head rest and seat bottom,I told them to look up the invoice were I paid to have McLeod to recover ,labor charge and shin charge.Paid.I had a copy infront of me,In the end she doubled the quoted figure, they charged me to put new stainless staples in the seat bottom and head rest labor and materials,that they already said they would take care of it!! The other seat stuff I had already striped they charged me labor to strip,also they charged me for remaking the foam for the hatch cover, and used my old foam,$300.The one thing that got me was Stephine McLeod call me for a credit card # said that my old one was expired and wouldn't go Thur,She had already tried taking the money and I hadn't even seen a invoice and I thought it would be close the quoted job,That means she was going to charge it and send it back with me not knowing the amount ,When I confronted Stephine McLeod about it,Quote "If you want your interior back for summer you'll pay the invoice amount!!"She is the worst person and company that I have ever dealt with!!
Then she said the seat bottom was in production ,that took 5 weeks.

It came back thrown in one box nothing wrapped,you can see the top of the head rest were the seat bottom that has studs for bolting down dug into the cover, I even put rubber hose on the stud threads predicting they would screw up the threads, not thinking that they would not wrapped up the new pieces ,you can see the zig zag were it vibrated around bumping around in the box in shipping.

Also the back seat back part had glue from when they made the box spraying glue it together,it was at all the seams in the box ,they laid this down in the bottom of the box in the wet glue,no padding,not even a piece of paper,bare vinyl against cardboard/glue.it is stained now from the glue impregnating the vinyl.The head rest I got all the zig zag marks out,but were the stud dug into the head rest is still there.

I took pictures of all of the shoddy work,Documented it all,the half assed packaging,damaged pieces,vent plugs not installed and some put in wrong places,All the emails asking how I wanted stuff done,not done,unanswered emails,4 months to complete,invoices showing the charges of labor and materials that wasn't done,charging me for warranty work,2 invoices contradicting each other.I can think back some more and go in detail.I would of thought with them having a hard time in the economy that they would treat costumers better,maybe its not the economy.

Kieffer4 sorry for venting alittle on ya thread

Rob

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 12-15-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I also had some work done a while back that came out good,they custom made me some Hustler pillows ,came back Very well packaged,bubble wrapped.I was happy till the staples started rusting,they said they would take care of it right then to use there ups #.I ask for a quote for getting some other stuff recovered,that took 3 months,Stephine McLeod was in Arizona on personal leave and her dad said he didn't know when she was coming back,He said she's the one that sets the prices, that I would have to wait,I ask if he knew about my head rest that the staples were rusting,then he proceeded to tell my about his Train collection that he had over 100 grand in and needed to sale it,then about his Chevelle that he just had redone and didn't like it so he was tearing it down and redo everything.I was told they had shut down during this time,that nobody was getting any return calls and emails etc,I finally Got a quote, it was fair,I sent in the shoddy work back and the stuff I wanted redone,at the time I thought I didn't have any choice,that they made some of the cockpit interior for Hustler,McLeod ended up would not cover any shipping on the head rest,seat bottom,or the labor and materials to fix there f up.Stephine accused me of lying said that I recovered the head rest and seat bottom,I told them to look up the invoice were I paid to have McLeod to recover ,labor charge and shin charge.Paid.I had a copy infront of me,In the end she doubled the quoted figure, they charged me to put new stainless staples in the seat bottom and head rest labor and materials,that they already said they would take care of it!! The other seat stuff I had already striped they charged me labor to strip,also they charged me for remaking the foam for the hatch cover, and used my old foam,$300.The one thing that got me was Stephine McLeod call me for a credit card # said that my old one was expired and wouldn't go Thur,She had already tried taking the money and I hadn't even seen a invoice and I thought it would be close the quoted job,That means she was going to charge it and send it back with me not knowing the amount ,When I confronted Stephine McLeod about it,Quote "If you want your interior back for summer you'll pay the invoice amount!!"She is the worst person and company that I have ever dealt with!!
Then she said the seat bottom was in production ,that took 5 weeks.

It came back thrown in one box nothing wrapped,you can see the top of the head rest were the seat bottom that has studs for bolting down dug into the cover, I even put rubber hose on the stud threads predicting they would screw up the threads, not thinking that they would not wrapped up the new pieces ,you can see the zig zag were it vibrated around bumping around in the box in shipping.

Also the back seat back part had glue from when they made the box spraying glue it together,it was at all the seams in the box ,they laid this down in the bottom of the box in the wet glue,no padding,not even a piece of paper,bare vinyl against cardboard/glue.it is stained now from the glue impregnating the vinyl.The head rest I got all the zig zag marks out,but were the stud dug into the head rest is still there.

I took pictures of all of the shoddy work,Documented it all,the half assed packaging,damaged pieces,vent plugs not installed and some put in wrong places,All the emails asking how I wanted stuff done,not done,unanswered emails,4 months to complete,invoices showing the charges of labor and materials that wasn't done,charging me for warranty work,2 invoices contradicting each other.I can think back some more and go in detail.I would of thought with them having a hard time in the economy that they would treat costumers better,maybe its not the economy.

Kieffer4 sorry for venting alittle on ya thread

Rob
Rob,

Thanks for the heads up. That's a real shame considering the cost involved. I guess I will look somewhere else. It's one thing if your cheeseburger isnt right but I have no patience for lack of service on high dollar items.

Kieffer
Old 12-16-2009, 04:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I started communicating with Rob 7-8 years ago after I bought my Hustler. There is no one on OSO more helpful, conscientous and knowledgeable when it comes to boats. Over the years, I've heard all the details of his motor,drives,truck and trailer projects to include the McLeod and recent paint job projects. What I learned a long time ago is that Rob can always back up what he says. When he talks...I listen. For what it's worth....
Old 12-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Kieffer4
Rob,

Thanks for the heads up. That's a real shame considering the cost involved. I guess I will look somewhere else. It's one thing if your cheeseburger isn't right but I have no patience for lack of service on high dollar items.

Kieffer

Kieffer It would be easier for you get the skins from McLeod,the other opt you will have to send your skins to someone to remake,I don't think I would send them anything unless I was close enough to beable to touch Mr McLeod.Being Stephine is gone they may have changed Like me at the time I had no choice.Your pretty close to me anyway.

Hey if I can help ya just holler.

Rob

Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Lmarth
I started communicating with Rob 7-8 years ago after I bought my Hustler. There is no one on OSO more helpful, conscientous and knowledgeable when it comes to boats. Over the years, I've heard all the details of his motor,drives,truck and trailer projects to include the McLeod and recent paint job projects. What I learned a long time ago is that Rob can always back up what he says. When he talks...I listen. For what it's worth....
Thanks Lou,I enjoy helping people if I can,I know I could of used some advice thru the years,especially when I got into boating,I do value my reputation and my word very seriously.

All I want for Christmas is NO more bad luck from 2010 on

Rob

hey Kieffer4 post some picks,Id like to see it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.