Divorce forces re-finance

Notices

Divorce forces re-finance

Old 11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Divorce forces re-finance

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Based on the information you provided it sounds like your marriage fell apart as a result of your lack of honesty. I'd say your plan didn't work. Man up, get her name off the boat (even if it means selling it) and move on with your life and try to build a lasting and honest relationship.

If you were just joking about tricking her into signing the loan then disregard my post.
You sound like her! Thanks Dr. Phil. Yes, I wanted out. Especially after she told me that she was deliberately sabotaging my enjoyment of all things fun.
It is not a matter of me "manning up". I just don't want to have to re-shop for a loan again. Do you know what a pain in the a$$ that is?
For the record I did not "trick" her into signing the paperwork. She just thought it was for a different style of boat.
You can ski behind it. That is what she wanted to do & she did........once.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:09 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me. I'll see if I can help. Maybe it's a bank I deal with. Maybe I can figure something out.

And, be happy about the 80K. At least I have Steve and ASG to keep me happy
Old 11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
You sound like her! Thanks Dr. Phil. Yes, I wanted out. Especially after she told me that she was deliberately sabotaging my enjoyment of all things fun.
It is not a matter of me "manning up". I just don't want to have to re-shop for a loan again. Do you know what a pain in the a$$ that is?
For the record I did not "trick" her into signing the paperwork. She just thought it was for a different style of boat.
You can ski behind it. That is what she wanted to do & she did........once.
Na, I can make more money. Besides getting her on the boat would be a little tough because the boat is one of the big causes of the divorce. Not the only one, but apparently when you buy a boat & don't tell the other person with the checkbook it kinda pisses them off.

I guess we need to qualify this story huh? Well I told her to sign this paperwork & she did. It was a "trust" deal. Long story short I lied to her to get what I wanted. It worked.

I see a pattern here.

Like I said, "Based on the information that YOU provided," it appeared from your post that one of the main reasons for your divcorce was your dishonesty regarding this boat. Now you say that you only lied to her about the "STYLE" of boat - as if that wasn't tricking her.

Again, based on the information that your provided, I say a man of character would admit his mistake and get her name off of the boat, even if that ment selling it - and then both of you could move on with your lives and get your finances back in order.

In regards to your Dr. Phil comment, if you don't want people making Dr. Phil-type comments about your divorce then don't broadcast the details of it in a public forum like you are on the Jerry Springer show.

That said,

good luck.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered

I see a pattern here.

Like I said, "Based on the information that YOU provided," it appeared from your post that one of the main reasons for your divcorce was your dishonesty regarding this boat. Now you say that you only lied to her about the "STYLE" of boat - as if that wasn't tricking her.

Again, based on the information that your provided, I say a man of character would admit his mistake and get her name off of the boat, even if that ment selling it - and then both of you could move on with your lives and get your finances back in order.

In regards to your Dr. Phil comment, if you don't want people making Dr. Phil-type comments about your divorce then don't broadcast the details of it in a public forum like you are on the Jerry Springer show.

That said,

good luck.
Why do you give a F*CK? I'm not asking for relationship advice. I'm asking for finance advice. When Steve puts up a loveline forum you will have a place to voice your opinion, untill then, pound sand.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you give a F*CK? I'm not asking for relationship advice. I'm asking for finance advice. When Steve puts up a loveline forum you will have a place to voice your opinion, untill then, pound sand.
Dude isn't it chill time? Marginmn was trying to be a nice guy. He is right. Get the boat out of both names.

Make a clean break and build your life and hobbies again. Divorce always results in lost house, lost cars, lost boats, motorcycles, guns, stock and bonds, even children. The absolute best ting to do is start over cleanly and be cool about it. Hope you can do that.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

You did start off asking for finance advice but then repeatedly made lite of how you deceived your soon-to-be ex-wife into signing a bank loan for a performance boat. When a person posts about such behavior in a public forum it should be obvious that the public might well critique it.

Pardon me for not finding your self-detailed actions funny. And I did gave the advice from the heart with the best of intentions.

I won't intrude on your thread again.

Again, best of luck.

Last edited by Marginmn; 11-07-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered

You did start off asking for finance advice but then repeatedly made lite of how you deceived your soon-to-be ex-wife into signing a bank loan for a performance boat. When a person posts about such behavior in a public forum it should be obvious that the public might well critique it.

Pardon me for not finding your self-detailed actions funny. And I did gave the advice from the heart with the best of intentions.

I won't intrude on your thread again.

Again, best of luck.
You know.....sometimes a story gets a little out of hand. This would be the case.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Having just ended 13 months of offers and counter-offers on the house my ex and I owned all I can suggest is get beyond anything material that binds the two of you.
ed
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post some naked pics in the uncensored section now!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
Post some naked pics in the uncensored section now!!!

Now thats how you get back at 'em.

Quick Reply: Divorce forces re-finance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.