Notices

Loan Amount/Duration

Old 12-19-2006, 05:42 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Loan Amount/Duration

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Marylandmark - I never thought to call as the website says only up to 15 years so I always ignored it. However, I did just call and they said 240 months, 80% loan and 7.24% . Looks like you got in before the Fed jacked it up again!!
Wait and goto the boat show,you get a better rate so you get more boat with the lower rate.Think about college boy.Don't settle on the one you kinda want. Sydwayz i'll meet you over at O.T.H.'s house just bring the order forms so Lisa can sign them.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Loan Amount/Duration

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Wait and goto the boat show,you get a better rate so you get more boat with the lower rate.
Not true - rates are predicated on the cost of funds to the bank lending them. Sometimes there will be a special rate at the shows but very rarely.

The shows all summer and all fall have had the same rates with the exception of Lauderdale where 1 bank dropped their pants. Going into the NY show next week - all of the rates will be exactly the same as they have been for the last 10 weeks.

Want to get an idea on cost of money to lend - checkout the 3yr Treausury Swap history. As that moves so do most lenders who lend on recreational vehicles.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releas...5_SWAPS_Y3.txt