I need some recomendations

Notices

I need some recomendations

Old 01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some recomendations

Hello all,

Well, it's a bit of a "my fault" story, but here it goes.

I bought a 1997 Baja 232 Boss in 2001 with just 18-hours on the clock. Got a great deal and for my first boat, it was quite a machine at the time. Anyway, when I purchased it, I used a company named "Coastline Financial" which I can't seem to find anything on these days.

My story is that they were to finance and transfer the ownership of the boat and trailer to my name. My loan got funded, the sellers lean paid off and I drove from Philadelphia up to Erie PA and then straight through to Sea Isle City NJ. When I got to NJ, I had the boat dry docked (where it has been all these years) and the trailer put in storage. Well, I went to get the trailer registered an voila, it turns out that the title was never transfered!!! So here I am with a boat in NJ and I need to move and my trailer is still in someone elses name where I can't get a plate and sticker for. Worst of all, I can't find this guy to save my life as it has been 6-years. Also, if I found this guy, I bet he would give me trouble about the trailer ownership. Coastline Financial seems to be out of business so am I SOL?

What can I do to get the title in my name?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need some recomendations

in illinois we have currency exchanges that handle plates, etc. and they typically can advise you on this. I just had the same thing with my snowmobile trailer, called the manufacturer, told them I never got a title, she sent me a new mso (i believe that is what it was called "manufacturer's proof of origin" ) i took this to the currency exchange and $140.00 dollars later we were all done. Hope this helps. Hammer