Allstate, Progressive, State Farm >

Allstate, Progressive, State Farm

Notices

Allstate, Progressive, State Farm

Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Allstate, Progressive, State Farm

How many of you live in the Southeast & have a go fast boat insured w/ one of the above companies? I've read thru many of the other threads & can't seem to figure out whether there is any rhyme or reason as to why one go fast boater can get insurance & another not assuming each have the remainder of their insurance needs w/ the same company.

I personally have a 2006 Spectre 32 w/ Ilmors insured w/ State Farm as well as a home, vehicle, personal articles & umbrella policy in N.C.

It's almost as if the insurance companies are being discriminatory against us.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by NASCAT; 03-29-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

State farm here took a long time to write the ins. It's like they hope you'll give up and call someone else. I have travlers here and were much easier to deal with. State farm does include Fl though , trying to get that. Travlers it's a separate rider.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad has everything insured through State Farm and they have covered his last 3 performance boats. (27 Baja, 29 Baja, 35 Fountain). I also have everything I own (house, truck, ATV) insured through the same agent, graduated high school with his son, etc. When I started shopping for a boat a couple of months ago I would call everytime I was interested in something and get a quote. Got a reasonable quote for a 27 Fountain (even emailed the udnerwriter a picture), a decent quote for a Baja 29 Outlaw and then found out they wouldn't cover a 292 Formula or a 32 Fountain. Well I was aggrivated but not the end of the world. A couple of days ago I called and asked about insurance on a 33 Outlaw and started catching crap from the girl working at the office. Now she's saying they won't cover any Baja Outlaw. Basically telling me they won't cover any performance boat from 25 Baja on up. Called the agent and raised hell, that was two days ago and haven't heard anything back. Progressive's new policy is that they won't write boats over 30' but they will renew existing policies. All State won't cover anything over 26'. I'm going to start trying different State Farm agents in town, see if I can find one that will go to bat for me and get something covered.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
My dad has everything insured through State Farm and they have covered his last 3 performance boats. (27 Baja, 29 Baja, 35 Fountain). I also have everything I own (house, truck, ATV) insured through the same agent, graduated high school with his son, etc. When I started shopping for a boat a couple of months ago I would call everytime I was interested in something and get a quote. Got a reasonable quote for a 27 Fountain (even emailed the udnerwriter a picture), a decent quote for a Baja 29 Outlaw and then found out they wouldn't cover a 292 Formula or a 32 Fountain. Well I was aggrivated but not the end of the world. A couple of days ago I called and asked about insurance on a 33 Outlaw and started catching crap from the girl working at the office. Now she's saying they won't cover any Baja Outlaw. Basically telling me they won't cover any performance boat from 25 Baja on up. Called the agent and raised hell, that was two days ago and haven't heard anything back. Progressive's new policy is that they won't write boats over 30' but they will renew existing policies. All State won't cover anything over 26'. I'm going to start trying different State Farm agents in town, see if I can find one that will go to bat for me and get something covered.
Jmeng,

I hear you loud & clear. The problem I have is the fact that State Farm is inconsistent. Some agents / States insure Hi Perf & others don't. Is it experience in knowing the loop holes, state insurance laws etc, etc I can't seem to find a common element?

For the record I'm expecting to get the cancellation letter myself as I fought hard w/ them a year ago knowing they insured other Hi Perf boats. Time will tell.

Last edited by NASCAT; 03-29-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Thats exactly what pisses me off. If there was a clear policy over what they would insure and what they won't I could live with it. But don't tell me one day you'll insure a 29 Baja then the next tell me you won't even insure a 25. On top of that I get online and see guys with 80 mph 38' boats covered by state farm. And now heres a guy with a cat thats covered Whole deal is a phuckin racket.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

State Farm is cancelling me also. I'll take any tips from you guys on who to get some reasonable insurance from.

There should be some premium number between cheap and stupid that would alow them to offer coverage to this segment of the market.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Spectre 30

There should be some premium number between cheap and stupid that would alow them to offer coverage

should apply to women also
Old 03-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hunster
State farm here took a long time to write the ins. It's like they hope you'll give up and call someone else. I have travlers here and were much easier to deal with. State farm does include Fl though , trying to get that. Travlers it's a separate rider.
I have everything insured with statefarm except my scarab because they were taking to long to write the policy. I gave up and went with progressive and pay about 400 a year.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i had my 22 avanti, 29 scarab, 30 OB Spectre, and my current 353fastec all with ALLSTATE...funny thing is my fastec at 72 mph is 500 a year more then my spectre was...insured for same dollar amounts
Old 03-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

State farm originally wrote my 82- 38' scarab. They write all of my cars too. The oly reason they don't have it now is from to many speeding tickets.

Quick Reply: Allstate, Progressive, State Farm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.