Got Dropped By Progressive! >

Got Dropped By Progressive!

Notices

Got Dropped By Progressive!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Dropped By Progressive!

It hasnt even been a month I bought the boat may 24th, insured it, now they sent me a letter telling me that my boat exceeds the speeds allowed in their program1?!?! wtf? I paid 2900 for the year and they even made me pay it up front. Now in the letter they tell me as of june 20th it will be cancelled? what do I do now?? Im 25 I have a DUI and I was also issued a citation for driving on a suspended license, no accidents no tickets. the Boat is a 2006 300 eliminator eagle XP closed bow with twin 496HO's anybody here want to insure it?

thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Default I'll help you

Call me tomorrow or fill out an app on my site. www.empowermarine.com

Progressive does not make people pay in full (up front). You do get a discount for paying in full though. You must have misunderstood or received incorrect info.

You are limited because of your age & MVR but I can (and would like) to help.

Shawn
[email protected]
888-606-2746
714-895-7050
Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Registered

I will give you a call for sure. Looks like I have to have a word with my old broker who sold me the insurance... what a *****! all I need him to say now is "hey sorry you dont get your money back" what is wrong with people these days?! He's the one that said progressive wanted the money upfront. I forgot the name of the broker I went with but ill be posting it tomorrow. People like that shouldnt get any business.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

okay i just went thru my insurance papers and the name is ALTERNATIVE INS AGCY 4218 GREEN RIVER RD. CORONA 92882. The guy I spoke with was Marty. I was referred to him by eliminator, they have a stack of his business cards sitting on their desk. The other thing that pisses me off is that he first quoted me 2400 then the next day I went to pick up the boat and he said they wanted $2,871 paid in full, at that point I didnt have a choice since they wouldnt allow me to take the boat home without insurance.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Registered

I know who you are talking about and he actually isn't a bad guy (although, I don't mind you switching to me).

Progressive WILL give you your money back minus the cost of the time you were covered by them. They also charge a $50 cancellation fee but if they do that to you, I would fight it because you didn't want to cancel your policy.

It is a common practice to ask people to pay up front for a couple reasons:

1) Sometimes you can give a better rate.
2) The policy will usually stay in force

Some people cancel their policies in the winter months. Other's seem to pay late & cause other issues. A lot of broker's don't want to mess with it.

True, you should have been offered every option available & I hope you were. Maybe Marty made a mistake, I can honestly say he is not a bad guy.

I'll talk to you tomorrow,

Shawn
Old 06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered

hey thanks for your help this is the kind of service im talking about!. now if I could only send you a private message with my number.... I dont think I have permission tho. Ill just have to call you tomorrow. talk to you soon.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Gold Member

hey foxmxpsycho.read my thread on insurance claims and the way progressive insurance handled my claim.......they probley did you a favor.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I had a progressive policy and they didn't make me pay in full.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO
hey thanks for your help this is the kind of service im talking about!. now if I could only send you a private message with my number.... I dont think I have permission tho. Ill just have to call you tomorrow. talk to you soon.
FYI - I still haven't heard from you.
714-895-7050
888-606-2746
[email protected]
www.empowermarine.com
Old 06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a blessing in hiding.. prog/SUCKS!

Quick Reply: Got Dropped By Progressive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.