Notices

Boat u.s.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat u.s.

Any body have them? How were they to deal with if you needed them? I currently have progressive for just under 1500.00yr and had a few hours to kill so I called about five companies. Line for line and BOAT U.S. came in at 500.00yr.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

They are excellent.

Just don't let tow boat us Charlotte harbor get within a nautical mile of your boat....
Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Been a member of BoatUS since my first boat in 1994. Had 2 claims over the years and they couldn't have been easier to deal with. They also offer on and off water towing coverage. Thankfully never needed it.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

good to hear their easy to deal with insurance wise. I have vessel assist that I bought through West Marine. They actually live a couple houses down and pretty much seem like azzes. So im hoping I never need their help, at least not the local guys who act like they are the law. Thanks for the good info
Old 12-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

What are you insuring and what is the coverage you are getting ?how long have you been boating ? I have boatus insurance and I've had them for years ; seems like I am paying to much especially if we have similar boats and would like to know more about what they are covering for you ...
Old 12-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

If I recall they quoted me slightly higher than what I have now (State Farm). The experts will tell you to make sure you are comparing like coverage when you are shopping around. The "Best" rate might not be the best.

I've had their towing insurance for almost 20 yrs. Knock on wood, I only had to use it once. They came through on that.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

They were great. Two claims and both taken care of quickly and without a hassle. Very cheap too.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:50 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by commandersander
They are excellent.

Just don't let tow boat us Charlotte harbor get within a nautical mile of your boat....
Can you expand on this. ?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

As a BoatU.S. member I get unlimited fresh water towing for about $35 per year. I've used it twice and the tows were long ones. Once when I clogged my heat exchanger in shallow water at PIB and this year when I blew a drive near Port Huron. I'm happy with the service although they sent a very slow towboat for the Port Huron tow back to Lake St. Clair. He could only tow me about 5 mph and it took nearly 5 hours. I peed in a bottle 4 times! Still can't complain.

My former boat was insured with them and I had no problem with a claim. Now I am with AllState. Good luck dealing with Progressive. How do you think they can afford cheap rates and all that advertising? By denying claims, that's how!

If you are paying Progressive $1,500 and BoatU.S. is only $500 then this thread is a no brainer.....

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 12-20-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CMC
Can you expand on this. ?
They sank mine. Luckily, another member here caught it all on film. I am in the final stretch of year 2 of litigation, and although the parent company is aware of the situation, they have yet to return the first email, fax, or phone call from my attorney. They did , however, supply us with electronic records and phone records from the 4 days surrounding the incident including an email to Jerry Smith (TBUS Charlotte harbor) telling him to shut up after he registered here defending the actions of his company....and subsequently got blasted by most that we offended by his stupidity.

Google #1, boat gets beached #2, pro tows boat
You'll see offshore only 2nd or third down......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.