Any experience with Allstate? >

Any experience with Allstate?

Notices

Any experience with Allstate?

Old 03-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Any experience with Allstate?

Looking at switching everything over to them, price and coverage is better than I currently have. My big question is how do thy handle their claims?
Old 03-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run far away and fast
Old 03-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Can you elaborate any?
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Run far away and fast
+1
Old 03-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I deal with them as a body shop I will not give a car back till I get paid. Owner thought he had full coverage no car rental. Check is in the mail. I called and they gave an excuse owner called maybe check is in the mail now. 25 years with Allstate 1 car
Old 03-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Registered

I paid for a full year of insurance for my boat (slingshot) in August of 2013. I read my policy over the winter and found in the fine print that the boat was not covered while being towing behind a vehicle. I do not have full coverage on my truck (rat 2500hd at the time, now rat 3500hd) and immediately shat a brick. Then did more research and found that my agent had my vessel at a top speed of 55 mph and stated it had 1 575hp engine. This is after I corrected this in the application and signed and returned stating top speed of 90 and two 575hp engines when the policy was originally written. Apparently they either forged my signature or whited out my corrections and sent it in regardless.

When I found that this insurance was basically worthless I called and cancelled and asked for a refund for the 4.5 months that had not been used yet. I was told when a policy is paid in full that if it is cancelled you forfeit the money paid for the policy. I called my agent they looked into it for two days and came to the same conclusion that the main all state agent told me on the phone, that I would be getting no refund on my early cancellation. This policy cost me $1700 and some change so it was a healthy chunk I should have received back.

I immediately dropped all my other insurance with all state and switched the boat to wakezone with stacey who has been awesome (even got me a free day to use my boat in november when it was 80 degrees here and it was supposed to be in lay up). My home, auto and umbrella are now under erie insurance and my agent couldn't believe the loopholes in my home owner's policy through all state.

I should have known better being in the auto biz and seeing the corners all state cuts when repairing customers cars but I was in a bind buying the boat and needed insurance within a day to pick the boat up. In hindsight I was very lucky I didn't need to make a claim because I'm sure It would have been a nightmare, I pretty much flushed $1700 down the toilet to have a piece of paper that said I had insurance for 7.5 months.

Sorry for the rant, like I said run fast and far away. If you have all state and your boat does more than 65mph or if you are towing your boat behind your vehicle you do not have insurance. Read your policy, every line, it will blow your mind.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Agreed. I had Allstate for years, home, autos and boats. Had a claim on my boat last fall, and while they did pay the claim, they more than doubled my insurance premium. I had also paid for a full year and when I called and cancelled my policy, expecting a refund, they told me that I owed them $90. This was about 2 months in on a full year's premium payment. They have been sending me a bill for that $90 about every 2 weeks since then. They can kiss my a$$
Old 03-16-2015, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

We've had Allstate for years on home and boat(s) and absolutely love them. It's all in whether you have a good agent or not. Was honest about HP on our Top Gun (2x800) and premium was under $900 per year. Had a large claim on boat and Allstate stood 100% behind us.....and has not raised our rates.

Just my 2 cents....
Old 03-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

The agent had nothing to do with my rates being raised. He tried to get it smoothed over between Allstate and myself a couple times as to not lose my business. I switched to State Farm and my rates went down on everything.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Registered

Been with Allstate and same Agent for 30+ years. Had some minor claims couple of times no problem. This winter was away for a short period came home and because of Ice daming had major damage. Spoke to my agent, they arranged for an adjuster to contact me. He came to the house took pictures of the cielings and walls, inside of kitchen cabinets etc. Was there almost 2 hours. He's paying for sheetrock on cielings & walls, gave a good size allowence for kitchen cabinets. Claim is open for roof repairs and insulation as needed. Printed me a copy of his estimate and a nice check to get started.
Day after he was here received an email survey from Allstate about service.
Think I'll stay with them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.