Notices

Boat Loans

Old 06-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Loans

Do you usually have to have 10-15% down to buy a boat?
Old 06-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 876 Posts

10-20% down is pretty standard
Old 06-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Registered

Lightstream financed my boat today. We put down 30% but they never asked about what we were even buying until the end of the process and I don't recall if they even asked what we were paying for the boat. So depending on your credit score and how little debt you have you may not need much if any down with them.

Their process is fast and im self employed so if your just confirming w2 wages then would be even faster. Seriously, I applied last night atb10pm and had approval today at 3pm and funded around noon tomorrow. Good luck
Old 06-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Registered

I just went through this. Did as much research as I could. Called leads and got as much info as I could before any applications - I didn't want to waste a credit pull.

Unfortunately, it really all depends. A lot of places only go by base value NADA...which is usually crap, and they don't take into account any options....even crappier.

However, I went with a broker I found after some looking, and after I spoke with them and got some details on how they ascertain value; I can tell you I just bought a 14 year old boat with a 575sci, that wasn't cheap, but was still able to get 100% financing.

But, your results may still vary, but it worked out for us. And the interest rate was cheaper than a lot of other places I talked to.