Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
State Farm Exclusion!!!! >

State Farm Exclusion!!!!

Like Tree6Likes

State Farm Exclusion!!!!

Old 03-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Registered

Here in NorCal a lot of my friends lost everything in the Apocalyptic “Campfire” and when they called to file a claim they were told that all claims are automatically denied, and they literally said “So sue us!” It’s a bit off track, but to the OP’s point, you have to read every word to have a fighting chance.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was just denied renewal fro State National Insurance Co out of TX. It is the renewal on my 1987- 43 Portofino.
Some BS about all the storms in 2017.

Stated- Program Eligibility Changes/ Vessel No Longer qualifies for Program--- Their exact words.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I had several boats insured with SF for years. I figured I'd shop around for my current boat and SF's rates were much higher than some others. I ended up with Boat US / Geico.
Same here on the 388,
Old 03-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My state farm agent told me that they won't insure boats at all...no matter of type, age, power anything...maybe a Michigan thing??
Old 03-24-2019, 02:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

I've had State Farm boat insurance for 20+ years and know lots of others that have them.
The previous owner of my boat was in Michigan and he told me he had State Farm as well.
From what I know, its all about your relationship with your agent and how much business you have with them.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not disagreeing with you griff but I have a great relationship with my agent and have my home/farm and several vehicles with them and that's what he told me...so unfortunately I had to shop elsewhere...not sure what the deal was but that's just what he told me...I will def be doing some more shopping soon however as my current carrier I believe is over charging me but that's another story haha
Old 03-24-2019, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

State Farm files policy language, rates, and makes underwriting rules by state, so it depends on which state you live in. They are boater friendly in Missouri and around LOTO.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Being in the car business I see clients fighting with state farm every day, they will do anything to save a penny. i took my 6 cars, homeowners, life insurance policys, umbrella, motorcycles everything away from them and went with erie.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:23 AM
Registered

A little off topic, but my whole family had the same SF agent for decades on everything. I got hit head-on when the oncoming cars tie rod broke, car should have been totaled. They insisted on fixing it, when I went to check it out the frame was twisted over 2". They even tried to say the accident was my fault. SF wouldn't fix it, had to hire a lawyer, they ended up paying over $1000 more than I told I would settle for if the totaled it plus their legal fees. I wouldn't use SF it was free. I'm with Progressive through Worldwide Marine, they have been great to deal with and super good on covering claims. I hit something submerged and stopped the boat and checked the prop and drive and couldn't see any damage so we went on our way. The following weekend we were out cruising along and the boat just stopped and the motor stalled. I couldn't get it out of gear and I knew what happened, the drive grenaded. Got a tow home and pulled the drive off and sent it to AADS. George pulled it apart and the prop and vertical shafts were twisted from the previous impact, must've cracked some teeth. Because I didn't have a claim for over 5 years they covered it 100%.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY View Post
Not disagreeing with you griff but I have a great relationship with my agent and have my home/farm and several vehicles with them and that's what he told me...so unfortunately I had to shop elsewhere...not sure what the deal was but that's just what he told me...I will def be doing some more shopping soon however as my current carrier I believe is over charging me but that's another story haha
Just now reading this, but who is your agent? Heidi Lull might be one to talk to. Depends on the agent. Griff's old boat was through a different agent, not sure who. I even moved and changed agents and they still wrote my boats. But I also told the agents, once the boat has to move it all moves. That worked even when I had less "stuff" insured than I do now, but I know with my policies now, he'd have to find 6-10 other "average" total premium new customers to replace my stuff. So, it's worth a little of their effort to explain that to underwriting and push for the customer. You do have to be reasonable on HP though. If you are closer to stock hp ratings, that's good. If you are 1100 hp per motor, there's not much talking the agent can do. That's hard to find insurance anywhere. It's pricey as a result.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser