Jaguar project part 2

Notices

Jaguar project part 2

Old 02-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Jaguar project part 2

John, I'll bite. #1 estimate came in around $15,000 and #2 approximately $20,000. How close am I? I ordered two short blocks from Paul Pfaff for my Jag. They should be done in a few weeks . 598 tall decks and I'll use my top end. Over the summer I'll have my 572's rebuilt for spares. The money pit continues to eat. I have new Huber 1450 trans and the sixes should be fine. I need a good summer with no problems. I have now rebuilt everthing that I can think of. Good luck John. Doug
Old 02-14-2005, 04:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Doug-
Good guess! #1 was $11,500 and #2 was $18-20,000. Problem is, my 53' trailer might not fit inside either shop.

You've been busy! Pfaff builds nice engines and it'll be interesting to see the difference in performance. Please keep me posted.

My new assistant (at Texas Motor Speedway) is from Discovery Bay and has told me a lot about where you boat. Very nice! Her former husband is Tony Adams; you might know him.

Thanks
John
Old 02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John, What a small world. i know Tony Adams very well. He has a 38 formula with Teague blower motors and Arneson drives. His V runs somewhere around 110. We are in the same basic business, he plasters and remodels swimming pools in the S.Francisco area and my company services pools in Sacramento. He's big business and I'm small time. I'm sure his ex knows the delta very well. I will keep you posted on the new motors. I am going to run chillers this year and will drive the blowers a little harder. I bought a pair of 5 blade merc. props at the end of last year but with a tired motor, testing will have to wait until Apr. 15 when my insurance kicks in. I did notice really good acceleration and a strong midrange. Gee, maybe I'll get good fuel milage with the bigger hp motors and 5 blades. Ha! Take care John. Keep posting pics and you always have a standing invite to boat in Northern Cal. Doug
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
Keep me posted on your progress; I'm very interested to see what happens with the larger engines and the 5 blades; you might be pleasantly surprised.
You're welcome to visit here too. Do you like NASCAR? See the work that Ann Adams and I do: www.lonestartower.us.
John
Old 02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John, I attended the first Nascar race there. My brother lives in Dallas and scored some tickets, I don't remember what year that was. I do remember that the race was single file with only one racing groove. The track was fixed since then I am told. Your web site is very well done. I'll work on my computer skills so that my pic posting may get better. Take care and thank you for the invite. Doug
Old 02-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
I wasn't here for the first race, but understand that it's best forgotten! Yes, the track seems to have developed a second groove and the other improvements here are continuing. This year TMS is adding a "cloverleaf" with bridge at the south tunnel, so that traffic congestion in that area is alleviated.

I'll let you know what happens with the paint job. The engine shop is "tired" of storing the engines.

John