Kryptonite project begins.... >

Kryptonite project begins....

Notices

Kryptonite project begins....

Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Kryptonite project begins....

Alright guys I figured I would start a thread on my Kyrptonite so we can start to fill this new forum up.

So it's a 2001 27 Kryptonite. It has some very nice and smart features I liked when I was shopping for a new ride. The previous owner (Holden) had it built without the pad (it has a V where the pad would usally be) and a notched transom. The boat is very solid. Cored hull and sides vacumed bagged with vinyl ester resin. Hull and deck glassed together. The back seat lifts up with the engine hatch and the bulkhead is cutdown so you have easy access to the motor, plus the 8' beam also helps. The cockpit is a full liner cockpit with drain holes in the corners to the bilge. Under the back seat you will find the gas tank fully glassed in with a drain hole just above it to the bilge. While everything from the cockpit back drains into the bilge there is no drain hole in the bilge for the water/oil/fluid to flow back through the entire hull. Everything stays contained in the bilge with just a drain hole at the transom. So basically if you get some water in the cuddy you have to dry it up manually, gravity won't help you. Which also means gravity won't hurt you because all the schit can't flow from your bilge into the cuddy. I like this alot.

Holden has already rigged it very nicely so I don't have much to do there. Just a few things once I drop my motor in. Most of my work will be in the cuddy. I'll probably just gel/paint it and get some cushions made up for the facing benches. Which I can lay down on at 6'. Maybe some carpet in the v berth area so it's not umcomfortable. I don't want to put cushions up there because there are two storage areas up there I will be using. I don't want to have to pull the cushion up everytime I want to get something, plus it will save some weight....that foam and vinyl adds up! Anyway here a few more pics so you can see what I'm working with.
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-014.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-022.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-021.jpg  

Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-030.jpg  

Last edited by jdub; 12-06-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

few more
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-028.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-029.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-026.jpg  

Kryptonite project begins....-kryptonite-027.jpg  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, carpet in the V berth works nicely and looks good. In fact my cuddy is all carpet even the ceiling. Then we have cushions on the facing lounges.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered

Get a canvass guy to make vinyl covers for the big access holes where you see the back of the dash on one side and the rear glove box on the other. Match the carpet, cleans it up and is cheap. And you can snap them out to gain access.
Make a cover for the anchor locker with thin plexi (over lap 1-2") and cover it with the same vinyl you use for the covers above put hinges at the top and Velcro on the back side, mine sticks nicely to the carpet when it shuts and cleans up that area also.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Don I already thought about the vinyl for the cutouts. I'm also going to have one made for cuddy entrance instead of the half door all the other ones have. Holden gave me the door to install but I think a soft vinyl door with a zipper would be better. Wifes not digging it only goes half way down. Here's a couple pics of how I did it when I rebuilt the Corsa.

If you get a chance post some pics of your cabin for me. Also one of your anchor locker...thanks
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite project begins....-corsa-019-large-.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-corsa-022-large-.jpg  

Last edited by jdub; 12-06-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Registered

Default The cabin

Let me knw if you need more
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite project begins....-krypttransom013.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-krypttransom015.jpg   Kryptonite project begins....-krypttransom019.jpg  

Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered

Thanks that helps. I don't think I'm going to do that much carpet. Maybe just the v berth. Paint the rest. Do the bench cushions. Keeping it pretty plain.

Do you have back cushions with your bench cushions? Thinking I might do some....
Old 12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
Thanks that helps. I don't think I'm going to do that much carpet. Maybe just the v berth. Paint the rest. Do the bench cushions. Keeping it pretty plain.

Do you have back cushions with your bench cushions? Thinking I might do some....
Jdub, I don't believe any kryptonites came with back cusions. I don't think you'd need one nor want to deal with it flying around when you get in the rough stuff. Again, I'd contact Maureen at One Moe Sign. She has the templates for Kryptonite interiors (1998-2006). I think she charged me $200 per side??? Also, I'd suggest putting some rubber edging around the pop up doors in your boat. I remember when Holden took me out for a ride they were all clanking together.
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite project begins....-photo-3-.jpg  

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 12-06-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

No back cushions. it is actually pretty comfortable without them. And we are hardly ever sitting in the cabin
The boat my customer has does have backs, he also had the logo embroidered in all the cushions and the cockpit rug, plus a v berth cushion. But he hits the poker runs and sleeps over on the boat. Really nice but I don't have pictures. I did put a purple rug in mine really cleaned it up and set off all the yellow.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Registered

The shop in Syracuse who did the cushions for my customer put snaps on the back cushions they stay put. But you really do not need back cushions. I got the Logo's from Kirk I have them somewhere, if you need them I can look around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.