considering kryptonite, have questions >

considering kryptonite, have questions

Notices

considering kryptonite, have questions

Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats up with the history? Do tell......
Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was in an accident. Someone was thrown out and hit the passenger side. Cracked the side of the boat. It was repaired by predator power boats(same guy that laid up kryptonites). I believe he may of passed away. Not sure though, someone will have to confirm that.

It's an awesome boat though. Sounds like you got an awesome deal. The boat was repaired by the RIGHT people who knew the boat inside out.

EDIT: someone will have to confirm all of this. I've only heard this. Could be a different boat.

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 08-02-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it was a cracked fairing, not the actual hull. It was certainly repaired correctly.

Someone did die on it though, and that creeps me out. If the owner of the boat had died, I would never consider owning it, because that is nautical bad luck. You never want to own a boat that the captain died on, it is a bad luck boat.

Dont worry though, this one should be good.

BTW, I saw 96.5mph on Saturday at 6000rpm with a labbed 30p Bravo. Just over a half tank of fuel, two people, two anchors and a full cooler. I feel pretty confident that 100mph is in reach but I will have to get a different prop for that. This one was slipping at a very reasonable 13%, while my 32p slips at 19-20%. I think that a 30p labbed up to a true 30 or 31p will be the ticket as I dont want to spin over 6000rpm.

Hey MC, what happened to your other thread? JCPerf didnt get upset about all the dirty laundry did he? How is the boat running now?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
I believe it was a cracked fairing, not the actual hull. It was certainly repaired correctly.

Someone did die on it though, and that creeps me out. If the owner of the boat had died, I would never consider owning it, because that is nautical bad luck. You never want to own a boat that the captain died on, it is a bad luck boat.

Dont worry though, this one should be good.

BTW, I saw 96.5mph on Saturday at 6000rpm with a labbed 30p Bravo. Just over a half tank of fuel, two people, two anchors and a full cooler. I feel pretty confident that 100mph is in reach but I will have to get a different prop for that. This one was slipping at a very reasonable 13%, while my 32p slips at 19-20%. I think that a 30p labbed up to a true 30 or 31p will be the ticket as I dont want to spin over 6000rpm.

Hey MC, what happened to your other thread? JCPerf didnt get upset about all the dirty laundry did he? How is the boat running now?
Phil, you should cut the diffuser off that prop, I gained an extra 1.3mph off it and the boat runs like its on rails now. You should give BBlades a call. They have a prop test system that's dirt cheap (with pretty fast turnaround).

I deleted the thread because there were no connection to the oil leak, now fixed, and the mph loss. I ran the boat with a 26p labbed, diffuser cut off, 88.5 one way and 85.5 the other. That was with 35 gallons and two people.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered

My 32p has the diffuser cut off already and a **** ton of cup labbed into it. Not to mention that it seems like everybody i meet who runs a 32p Bravo has a ton of slip. Apparently even labbed they are not great props.

The 30p is John's prop, so I wont be getting it labbed again, but at 13% slip I am pretty pleased compared to 19-20% with the 32p.

What RPM are you spinning to? I know that John just ran 85.6mph with I believe a 28p Hydromotive. 88.5mph is a great speed for that power. I feel pretty confident that I am in the 720-740hp range at 6000rpm. I have probably another 40-50hp on the table if I wanted to put 3º more of timing into it, I am at a very conservative 33º total right now, and Rudy feels comfortable that we could go to 36º all in with 10:1 and 93octane. I said to hell with that, let's keep it conservative and keep it alive. I also need to do a bit of jet work to the carb, as it is close but not exactly perfect.

Sure sounds bad at 6000 though.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

My 32p has the diffuser cut off already and a **** ton of cup labbed into it. Not to mention that it seems like everybody i meet who runs a 32p Bravo has a ton of slip. Apparently even labbed they are not great props.

The 30p is John's prop, so I wont be getting it labbed again, but at 13% slip I am pretty pleased compared to 19-20% with the 32p.

What RPM are you spinning to? I know that John just ran 85.6mph with I believe a 28p Hydromotive. 88.5mph is a great speed for that power. I feel pretty confident that I am in the 720-740hp range at 6000rpm. I have probably another 40-50hp on the table if I wanted to put 3º more of timing into it, I am at a very conservative 33º total right now, and Rudy feels comfortable that we could go to 36º all in with 10:1 and 93octane. I said to hell with that, let's keep it conservative and keep it alive. I also need to do a bit of jet work to the carb, as it is close but not exactly perfect.

Sure sounds bad at 6000 though.
Im running at 6150rpm. Someone needs to slap the chit out of John ( Where's TOASTY?!). His engine is making at least 550hp, if not 570hp. He's running the same numbers as the Superheat boat with the 525. Keep it conservative! 96mph top speed is plenty with a full boat!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Yeah, I think he is making good power as well.

One of the things we were discussing this weekend was the difference in weight between the 27 and 29, I remember hearing something like 200lbs. But then I read Fast Fun's thread and read in it that his boat weight 4200lbs wet. Don weighed his boat a while back and it weighed 4800lbs, I dont think he had any fuel in it, but I'm not sure. That is a big difference in weight. Could account for differences in speeds vs. hp. Figure every 400lbs is 10% boat weight, that is guarenteed to slow a 29' down compared to a 27' with the same power. Not to mention different levels of outfitting with interiors and different layups for race boats vs pleasure boats. Just saying that 620hp might push a 27' to 90mph, while it takes 650+hp to get a 29' to the same speed due solely to weight differences.

Not sure why I rambled on like that, just was on my mind with everyone comparing speeds and hp numbers.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe it's because your schit is junk and I'm just a better driver.....haha...I managed to wash you down didn't I

Nah, I do think my hull is considerably lighter then most others though. I think we should take our boats over to my buddies with the scale. I'm thinking I'm 400lbs lighter between platform and interior/rigging.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Yeah, I think he is making good power as well.

One of the things we were discussing this weekend was the difference in weight between the 27 and 29, I remember hearing something like 200lbs. But then I read Fast Fun's thread and read in it that his boat weight 4200lbs wet. Don weighed his boat a while back and it weighed 4800lbs, I dont think he had any fuel in it, but I'm not sure. That is a big difference in weight. Could account for differences in speeds vs. hp. Figure every 400lbs is 10% boat weight, that is guarenteed to slow a 29' down compared to a 27' with the same power. Not to mention different levels of outfitting with interiors and different layups for race boats vs pleasure boats. Just saying that 620hp might push a 27' to 90mph, while it takes 650+hp to get a 29' to the same speed due solely to weight differences.

Not sure why I rambled on like that, just was on my mind with everyone comparing speeds and hp numbers.
Our boat is light as hell, by the end of this week-start of next week i can give you some rough #s of what it runs with 700hp
Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
Maybe it's because your schit is junk and I'm just a better driver.....haha...I managed to wash you down didn't I

Nah, I do think my hull is considerably lighter then most others though. I think we should take our boats over to my buddies with the scale. I'm thinking I'm 400lbs lighter between platform and interior/rigging.
You certainly scared the crap out of me...

Just to let the rest of you in on a little joke that John likes to play. Dont ignore him when he is running behind you in his boat. I made that mistake, next thing I know he comes by in the 80's less than 8 feet away!! Felt like 2 feet. I know it was close enough to spray me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.