X-Dimension/Pad >

X-Dimension/Pad

Notices

X-Dimension/Pad

Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,065 Likes on 281 Posts

Generally the more setback you have (including notch) the higher you mount the drive...I think the rule of thumb was and extra inch for every foot or something like that
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom A.
My 2003 X was high too and mine had the notch. I had notches to clear the exhaust.
Your X was pretty high from what Marty said. I talked to him about the boat a few months back, was supposed to go for a ride but didnt. he said he wanted to try a spacer in it as it was blowing out with anything past neutral trim and losing speed.

Jdubs full vee is definitely a smoother ride than mine with a pad. I dont think it is the driver but you never know. Of course it isnt as fast as the pad bottoms...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I usually ran the boat with just a touch of tab and the drive just past neutral. I saw 85 mph with 550-570 hp. Iwas going to play with spacers if I kept the boat. Mine was the first one built with the extension box.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I usually ran the boat with just a touch of tab and the drive just past neutral. I saw 85 mph with 550-570 hp. Iwas going to play with spacers if I kept the boat. Mine was the first one built with the extension box.
Tom, I run it pretty much the same. Tabs down to 3ish and trim between 3 and 5. At high speeds, I usually take the tabs all the way up and trim all the way to 6.5 - 7. Tabs may help calm the boat down on those runs, but Im just not willing to risk the bow steer.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Tom, I run it pretty much the same. Tabs down to 3ish and trim between 3 and 5. At high speeds, I usually take the tabs all the way up and trim all the way to 6.5 - 7. Tabs may help calm the boat down on those runs, but Im just not willing to risk the bow steer.
A little tab to settle the boat shouldnt be a problem.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
A little tab to settle the boat shouldnt be a problem.
Yea.

Jay if you look at the pics of us racing, we run that biotch locked in. Kryptos dont mind tab at all. Keep the drive level or up just a **** hair with some tab and ittl run nice
Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Exactly! The tabs added that little extra length that really planted the boat and made it run level. It was very light in the nose and tended to ride nose up and slap if you didn't drag the tabs slightly.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

This is a hard one. Both of my Krpto's had a notched trans with no box on the drive. I always put weight in the front to make weight when racing in F1. For what ever reason my boats always ran fastest and best with the extra weight I had carry forward. We had to weigh 4700 lbs coming out which ment adding aprox 200-300 lbs. Now in racing thats a hugh advantage to be able to place the weight where you wanted. Everyone else that had to place weight always and I mean always put there weight in the transom for max speed. We would put it just in front of the dash and go forward from there if the water got bigger.
If you Krypto owners have noticed we have to do our set up a little differant. Taking advice from someone who has never owned a Kryto is most likely not going to help us. Its great you guy's all share all your info. Mine is only one dementioal WOT turn left.
MD
Old 01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Taking advice from someone who has never owned a Kryto is most likely not going to help us. MD
Took the words right outta my mouth
Old 06-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

MMMMMMMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD its time buddy !