Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air >

Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Notices

Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

BRD,
I was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday. If you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a great time FMB.

Sincerely,
Fred Brady
ALLSTAR Marine - Latitude Sales
[email protected]
www.allstarmarineonline.com
www.latitudepowerboats.com
Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Yes I think that boat with twin 300 verados would be very nice. I have lots of ideas for the boat so I think it will be very nice once it is done. Thanks Mike
Glad test run went well

out of curiosity...... when deciding 2 or 4 stroke why do most want to go with 4 strokes. Nothing against them, I have always been a two stroke fan and the 300 opti's seem to be the best alternative to me for sport boats due to efficiency, less weight and more top end.

Other than the oil you have to purchase for 2 strokes....4 stroke maintainance from what I know can offset that and for me I would have to limit the use of a four stroke due to cold weather ie....winterizing where as the opti's I can run all year long.

Just a question not looking to start a debate
Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Glad test run went well

out of curiosity...... when deciding 2 or 4 stroke why do most want to go with 4 strokes. Nothing against them, I have always been a two stroke fan and the 300 opti's seem to be the best alternative to me for sport boats due to efficiency, less weight and more top end.

Other than the oil you have to purchase for 2 strokes....4 stroke maintainance from what I know can offset that and for me I would have to limit the use of a four stroke due to cold weather ie....winterizing where as the opti's I can run all year long.

Just a question not looking to start a debate
I have never had a 4-stroke before but that is the future. Now that I have driven a couple of twin and triple engine verado boats I am sold on them. They are quiet(major wife approval) and they have sick torque and mid range punch out of them. I think that trying to sell a used boat with 2 strokes in 2-3 years from now would be a tough sell. From what I am hearing that on newer boats you would want the 4 stroke for resale value. Being that I can not keep a boat long at all resale is important to me. I had a triple outboard 2 stroke Fountain in 2005 and it was not fun putting 9 gallons of oil in at a time and then always carrying extra oil on the boat. How is your boat coming along? I can only imagine the oil and gas bill with 4 motors. You are a brave man. I was looking at the pictures and it is starting to look very nice. Are you doing all of the work yourself? Will you get it running this summer?Also the two people that I know that have 300XS have had some problems with them. I don' t have to worry about the cold weather down here in Florida. That new 350 verado will be looked at hard before I put new motors on the next boat. I agree lets not start a debate because there are die hard 2 stroke fans out there and not looking to piss anyone off.

Last edited by DRIVEN1; 05-05-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

I agree both have strengths just can't help think of the Optis and E-TECHS (can't believe I would mention a non Mercury product).

I am wondering what the heck I am doing with four EFIs myself should have bought that damn single engine bowrider!!

Thought about putting twin 300s on but just had to have an extreme set up. Will see how it goes and what kind of speeds I get if it becomes too much I'll sell the engines and put two 300's on....I wonder if Orlando will take a trade!

The fuel consuption and oil are a concern however this boat is going to be used for very short runs to the local hot spots and back . Basically a once in a lifetime toy.

Thanks for the positive feedback on my boat, I am doing the majority of the work. I didn't pull the trigger on the spray gun but prepped it and did most of the fabrication. I had a friend who builds 60 foot spotfishers do the tabbing. I hate getting resin on me and I have no patience.

Orlando has become a heck of a friend ( AMIGO!) and has been a huge help with my build as Midnights have been part of his life for a very long time. Orlando has an overwhelming amount of expertise and has always been there for me, based on my experience if I had the $$$ to buy a new boat I would not hesitate one second to have Orlando build a boat for me. Through this whole build and my many calls and favors.......Orlando has never asked or even hinted for a single penny. He is struly a good hearted person.

Keep in touch and good luck!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
I agree both have strengths just can't help think of the Optis and E-TECHS (can't believe I would mention a non Mercury product).

I am wondering what the heck I am doing with four EFIs myself should have bought that damn single engine bowrider!!

Thought about putting twin 300s on but just had to have an extreme set up. Will see how it goes and what kind of speeds I get if it becomes too much I'll sell the engines and put two 300's on....I wonder if Orlando will take a trade!

The fuel consuption and oil are a concern however this boat is going to be used for very short runs to the local hot spots and back . Basically a once in a lifetime toy.

Thanks for the positive feedback on my boat, I am doing the majority of the work. I didn't pull the trigger on the spray gun but prepped it and did most of the fabrication. I had a friend who builds 60 foot spotfishers do the tabbing. I hate getting resin on me and I have no patience.

Orlando has become a heck of a friend ( AMIGO!) and has been a huge help with my build as Midnights have been part of his life for a very long time. Orlando has an overwhelming amount of expertise and has always been there for me, based on my experience if I had the $$$ to buy a new boat I would not hesitate one second to have Orlando build a boat for me. Through this whole build and my many calls and favors.......Orlando has never asked or even hinted for a single penny. He is struly a good hearted person.

Keep in touch and good luck!
Bambino
I love you man, and I believe you are doing a great job on the Midnight working until midnight.
Now are you talking about taking your engines or boat on trade, because the boat will take some hard prayers.
Just imaging a Classic 37 Midnight Express, Black hull and lite baby blue almost gray with 1000 gls of fuel capacity and quad Mercury 250's and a Cuban at the wheel, just writing this gives me chills.
Lol,lol,lol.....
Old 05-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
First off I need to say thank you very much for stopping by my house. Orlando was pulling one boat and his wife was pulling another boat. She had 4 year old twins that had been in the car for 2 weeks being dragged around. So for them to almost be home and stop and have to unwrap the boat to take me out. Thank you very much.

Well the wind picked up to more like a solid 15 and bay had a good chop. The boat rode nice and ate up the chop very well. The boat rode very dry and did not take an ounce of spray in the boat. I am coming out of a 47 lightning so I will have to get used to a 28 when the weather gets nasty. The wife and I are looking for something that is simple and easy to maintain after the last 2 big boats. I am going to rig it with twin 300 verados instead of the 225 verado boat that we went out on. I also would have him bump up the size of the fuel tank from the standard 128 gallon. Orlando is telling me at least 70 mph and more likely 75 mph with the twin 300s. But being they have not done one with those motors it is yet to be determined. I could not get any mpg since the boat had the livorsi gauges. The bolsters were very nice and comfortable. I liked them better than the Concept bolsters that I had driven last month. I am 6'3" and about 230 and seemed to fit fine. The rear bench was full beam and would hold 4 adults comfortably. I am going to have them make the back supports a little taller for better support. I am also going to have them add a stainless grab bar accross the back of the bolsters for the people riding the bench. The seat in front of the console with hold 2 adults comfortably. The forward seating had the slide in filler cushions in and it made for a very nice sunpad that would hold 2 chicks laying out. Overall the boat had very clean and classy lines. No step so maybe not as fast as it could be. But that is can of worms that I don't want to open. Main thing that I did not like on this particular boat is no trim indicators. I have gotten used to the big mechanical livorsi gauges and like to always now where my trim is at. Orlando does not need them since he has so much time in that hull but I felt I needed them. Even more if I add 150 hp to the boat and hit some higher speeds. The boat had 4 blades on it and was not set up for top end. It would still go about 61 on gps at 6000 rpm. I would be doing twin vesselviews on my boat. I think they would make for a very clean looking dash. Put a garmin 5208 in the center and a vesselview on each side. I am probably just rambling now so I will shut up. Almost forgot the first thing that I noticed when I walked up to the boat. Every screw head was facing the same direction on the rubrail, maybe minor but I thought it was good attention to detail. Once again thanks Orlando and family for stopping by.

Mike,
I would like to thank you and your wife for receiving us and allowing us to show you the Latitude 28 SS (Bumper Car) the owner of this boat is a real party animal.
We still soar from 2 weeks out, I'm getting back slowly but shortly, I will try to have a quote for you by the end of the week.
Note: Can you mention something about the single engine performance, I'm afraid that if I mention that myself I'll be laugh at.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Latitude Powerboats
Bambino
I love you man, and I believe you are doing a great job on the Midnight working until midnight.
Now are you talking about taking your engines or boat on trade, because the boat will take some hard prayers.
Just imaging a Classic 37 Midnight Express, Black hull and lite baby blue almost gray with 1000 gls of fuel capacity and quad Mercury 250's and a Cuban at the wheel, just writing this gives me chills.
Lol,lol,lol.....

Okay, I'll keep it!!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bambino
Lol,lol,lol.....
I am thinking one run to Cuba with that boat and you could take next couple of years off. Does that boat have 1000 gallons tanks in it?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am thinking after all that hard work on that boat you need to bring that boat down to Florida. That boat would be very popular down in Miami at some of the islands. Good luck with the rest of the build and look forward to pictures.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike,
I would like to thank you and your wife for receiving us and allowing us to show you the Latitude 28 SS (Bumper Car) the owner of this boat is a real party animal.
We still soar from 2 weeks out, I'm getting back slowly but shortly, I will try to have a quote for you by the end of the week.
Note: Can you mention something about the single engine performance, I'm afraid that if I mention that myself I'll be laugh at.
Take your time on the quote, I can only imagine the catch up you must be playing after being away for 2 weeks. I will be down in Miami sometime in June or July and will stop by the plant.

Yes I totally forgot that boat had no problem at all getting on plane with one motor. We got it to just over 40 mph before we got off the throttles.

The wife and I had a great time meeting you and your wife. Your twins were adorable and I should have brought my daughter to play with them. Looking forward to working with you. Thanks Mike

Quick Reply: Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.