Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Latitude
Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air >

Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Notices

Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I am thinking one run to Cuba with that boat and you could take next couple of years off. Does that boat have 1000 gallons tanks in it?
This one has 700 my old one had 1000. Next couple of years off sounds good, one problem I might be wearing an orange jump suit!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

I am thinking after all that hard work on that boat you need to bring that boat down to Florida. That boat would be very popular down in Miami at some of the islands. Good luck with the rest of the build and look forward to pictures.
Hmm, trust me if my wife would go ( maybe it's better if she doesn't) I would be there tommorow!!

I'm sure the Midnight would be popular in Miami I can't keep the coasties of of me here. I can only imagine what there going to do when that black hull goes by them at dusk with the blue leds lighting up the rooster tail.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Hmm, trust me if my wife would go ( maybe it's better if she doesn't) I would be there tommorow!!

I'm sure the Midnight would be popular in Miami I can't keep the coasties of of me here. I can only imagine what there going to do when that black hull goes by them at dusk with the blue leds lighting up the rooster tail.
I was born in Miami and grew up there and in the keys. That dark hull makes me think of the blue thunder boats back in the day hunting for the drug boats off the keys. So what kind of range do you think you would have with that boat at a cruise speed in the 50s? 700-900 miles?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

I am guessing cruise speed of 50-60 mph may be more my buddy is hitting 85 top end with his way heavier older Midnight with quad 300s.

. I can only estimate that I will be equal if not faster weighing in at around 4k less.

So lets estimate 60mph cruise at 60 -80 gallons an hour roughly anywhere from 600 -480 ??

Full throttle hoping 80- 90 mph 110 gallons an hour yikesssss

so still approx 600 miles at 80 mph ,,,,hmmmm so I should run fulll throttle all the time!!

But I only need to go Noventa Millas!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air-chasinggoboatmod.jpg   Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air-coastguard1.jpg   Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air-money.jpg  

Old 05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Registered

Driven 1 thought of you today, check this out. This is all you!

http://www.mercuryracing.com/verado350/
Old 05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered

WHATS UP BRO Your back!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Driven 1 thought of you today, check this out. This is all you!

http://www.mercuryracing.com/verado350/
Yes I have gone thru that many times. Kind of gives me a chubby. Can you imagine your boat with 4 of those on it? I would think 95-100 mph? I can't wait to some consumers get those motors this fall and see how fast they really run. Did you hear the clip of the cig top fish with 3 of those on it that someone posted from the Miami show? Sounds very nice.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

Yes I have gone thru that many times. Kind of gives me a chubby. Can you imagine your boat with 4 of those on it? I would think 95-100 mph? I can't wait to some consumers get those motors this fall and see how fast they really run. Did you hear the clip of the cig top fish with 3 of those on it that someone posted from the Miami show? Sounds very nice.
Of course, I posted it!!

I don't think my boat would run well with the verados too much weight.

There's a guy in Florida that did exactly that. He has an older CC lke my first and took off optis ( I have the old bracket, he had a bracket made especially for the quad verados) He then put on quad 275s I think .

Apparently he can't get the ass end out of the water. Not enough flotation in this type bracket. Another words with this much weight you really need an integrated style transom .

Last edited by Enforcer2; 05-07-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Of course, I posted it!!

I don't think my boat would run well with the verados too much weight.

There's a guy in Florida that did exactly that. He has an older CC lke my first and took off optis ( I have the old bracket, he had a bracket made especially for the quad verados) He then put on quad 275s I think .

Apparently he can't get the ass end out of the water. Not enough flotation in this type bracket. Another words with this much weight you really need an integrated style transom .
Did not know that you posted it.
Well 3 of the 350s would be the ticket on your boat. I would think it would weigh about the same or less than quad 250s. Also less drag in the water. Of course those motors are going to be priced pretty high. I would think that 3 of them and all the rigging to go along with them would be close to $100,000.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Oh, I know 100K for motors woww! OUt of my league. You would not believe what I have in my entire boat.............just can't spend that much dinero.

That's like my buddy with his old Midnight spending 30K on paint and another 70K on quad 300 optis. He iniitally paid 35K for entire boat with quads at auction!( reasoning becuase 300's were more fuel efficient than his old 250 EFI's ...... to save how much money in fuel!!

Oh well some have it like that $$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't!

Speaking of $$$$ I have to go to work now., which really sucks getting of at 7am.

Get that Latitiude you can't go wrong. Orlando is the man!

I would like to see his 35 with twin 350 Verados.

Quick Reply: Latitude Powerboats - Wave Crushing/Big Air

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.