Notices

winter time

Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter time

JESUS~~~~~~~~i realise winter is a depreding time for use water rats..... but come on guys this forum is like being in a mortuary parlor.......
no winter projects on the go?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Centsless
JESUS~~~~~~~~i realise winter is a depreding time for use water rats..... but come on guys this forum is like being in a mortuary parlor.......
no winter projects on the go?
No BIG Project. But I have gone thru just about every nut and bolt on my boat I just bought. Changed all the fluids. Glad I did to because I found some stuff that would not have made it through the season.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

OK. Here's a project. Dart Big M, Howard crank and rods, 555CI stroker. AFR Al heads complete coated, Custom cam, Morel hyd roller lifters, 4.0 Whipple, MOAI, Stellings box, other stuff. All done by Eric at EB Marine in Nashville. We are looking for over 1000 ft lbs torque and 1100+ HP. All this goes in my family bowridden 2750.

We shall see. By the way, easy with the "J" Quent
Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quent
OK. Here's a project. Dart Big M, Howard crank and rods, 555CI stroker. AFR Al heads complete coated, Custom cam, Morel hyd roller lifters, 4.0 Whipple, MOAI, Stellings box, other stuff. All done by Eric at EB Marine in Nashville. We are looking for over 1000 ft lbs torque and 1100+ HP. All this goes in my family bowridden 2750.

Pics Quent Pics!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? Again?

Do you have a daughter?

Let us live vicariously through you again!

UD
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow. That is gunna be one fast 2750!!
It was already quick the way it was... Now it's gunna be unreal!! Can't wait to see some pics.

Hope all is well Quent.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Registered

yeah......... now thats more like it
only im jealous.......
all go well with the build...

and yes yes yes please pretty please
lots of pics
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Good parts are getting hard to get. We are waiting on the AFR heads. They are made to order now. Also, got Howard rods and crank verses a Scat system that was a little cheaper. Scat not available. I am very glad with the step up to Howard.

Manufacturers do not have inventory, more or less made to order and in many cases the manufacturers are out of business. If they are reincarnated, sometimes the name no longer carries the quality. The same goes for resurrected boat companies in many cases.

If you recall, I had some issues with my original engine last year with a broken cam gear. Go figure. Late in the season I had an exhaust valve break. Time for all new.

I am adding a Stellings box. The 2750 is a box kind of boat with anything more than stock type power. Once all the parts are gathered Eric will assemble the engine and I will go to Nashville for the dyno runs. We are going to a 1:35 gear and hopefully my 32 B1 and maybe 30 Maximus will work. Actually, they will work because I am not going to gut my new engine trying to squeeze the last mph out doing prop tests. Plus custom props are expensive as well. Pictures will come when we get a little farther along. Quent
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

The AFR heads showed up yesterday. Eric said that it was a shame to put them on the short block because of all the wonderful machine work done on a 7 axis machine. He is taking some pictures which I'll post.

They are CNC'd at the ports and chambers, water passages coated, Inconal exhaust valves, correct springs, retainers, guides, pressures set, all from AFR. Just wash them off and bolt them on. In a couple of weeks Eric said we would be on the dyno. That will be fun.