A NuEra 4 us

Notices

A NuEra 4 us

Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Parts

New Parts
Attached Thumbnails A NuEra 4 us-greened-cylinders.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-howards-rods.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-ceramic-jes.jpg  

Old 10-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Registered

Default Reworked Heads

Reworked Heads
Attached Thumbnails A NuEra 4 us-heads-after.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-intake-ports.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-intake-ports-2.jpg  

Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Default Short Block

Short Block
Attached Thumbnails A NuEra 4 us-short-block.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-almost-ready.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-pre-wire.jpg  

Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Default Color

Color, hard to see without sunlight
Attached Thumbnails A NuEra 4 us-color.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered

Default Ready for the dyno

Ready for the dyno
Attached Thumbnails A NuEra 4 us-ready.jpg   A NuEra 4 us-dyno-sheet.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Registered

Sweet.

Haxby seems like a great shop. Love the guys posts.

Whats the drive you are running?

Uncle Dave
Old 10-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!
That's gunna run great!

Just food for thought... Its going to require more work and more money but the 2750 works GREAT with a standoff box.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered

Hey Jr.,
Thanks for the info. This hull was totally reworked by Brent Leach (of Eliminator) in 2006 and from the data I have gathered from the testing and testers (I can't personally testify to this fact yet) this hull needs no assistance in the handling department. I'll confirm in the Spring Don't want to spend the big bucks unless necessary...
UD, not enough drive
I'm going to build up the existing XZ upper with XR gears and good lash numbers coupled to the IMCO -2 lower. A very light hand will be in order. (the altitude helps out a bit as well )
The stock XZ upper lived for 120+ hours with a 500EFI, AFR325 heads, and a 3.3L Whipple running in the mid 90's. Hopefully I'm that fortunate.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by Nordicflame; 10-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure your bottom was worked on by ECM. Maybe Brent did the work there or maybe it is a different boat. But I'm almost 100% positive yours is the one that ECM did. There's only one 2750 that I know of that has the modified bottom that wasn't done at Lavey... The bottom is nearly identical to how the bottom is on the 2750's after Lavey changed it.

Lavey has built a few 2750's with a standoff box and the new bottom. It works better than without a box.
But if your boat handles perfect without it and you're happy with it then there's no need to change it and spend the extra money.

Can't wait to see some numbers!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Dave, it was great meeting you and the whole fam. It was awesome seeing your daughter dive right in and start turning wrenches too. You did a really excellent job on the build and entire assembly. There wasn't a single glitch or issue with anything, which sure makes the dyno session go smoother. I even jokingly asked if you remembered to drill the holes through your valve covers for the breathers. After two or three back to back pulls there wasn't even a hint of vapor coming out.
It fired right up and once we got the baseline dialed it just kept making more power on every pull. I think there's still another 20#'s torque and 20hp left in this tune up if we'd had a bit more time but the nice thing is you can easily tweak it in the boat thanks to the Holley EFI. I loved the way it fired up, literally a half a rotation and it barked to life every time, good solid idle too - (like all of Bob's EFI cams do)
Again, excellent job and I'm glad I could help bring your project to life.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser