Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
A NuEra 4 us >

A NuEra 4 us

A NuEra 4 us

Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Alex!

Jr, yes the work was done by Brent through ECM. I've been told by all the above that the boat ran mid 90's very stable with "no" tab input whatsoever. Again, I can't confirm this until I get behind the wheel. It is interesting though...
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by Nordicflame; 10-30-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered

Dave,
I can't wait to see the thing run, hopefully II can con you into giving me a ride. The motor looks sweet. I wish that was in my boat.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oboyskibum View Post
Dave,
I can't wait to see the thing run, hopefully II can con you into giving me a ride. The motor looks sweet. I wish that was in my boat.
Any time Orrian...
Old 10-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

Wow Dave, this is looking incredible! Nice work once again! It might not be a good idea for me to ride in it though. Not sure my wife could handle another boat motor project lol.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,
It looks like your boat is coming along nicely. I spoke with the previous owner (Tom?) on a couple occasions about blueprinting the hull like that one is. He said he had some great success so I'm sure you're going to end up with a very nice/fast boat. Keep us updated!
-Tom
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Registered

Not envious, JEALOUS!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr View Post
I'm pretty sure your bottom was worked on by ECM. Maybe Brent did the work there or maybe it is a different boat. But I'm almost 100% positive yours is the one that ECM did. There's only one 2750 that I know of that has the modified bottom that wasn't done at Lavey... The bottom is nearly identical to how the bottom is on the 2750's after Lavey changed it.

Lavey has built a few 2750's with a standoff box and the new bottom. It works better than without a box.
But if your boat handles perfect without it and you're happy with it then there's no need to change it and spend the extra money.

Can't wait to see some numbers!
Jr, my former boat was at ECM and Brent worked the bottom along with Paul. It now belongs to NordicFlame and will be a screamer. Lavey paid ECM a few visits after Paul told them the numbers he was getting. Paul asked me if it was alright if he showed Lavey the bottom and I told him OK. Lavey went to school on that bottom. I have run the boat 95 gps with no tabs and it was still climbing and was smooth as silk. Paul ran it 97gps on Elsinore and ran out of water. I hated to let the boat go but did because of the lack of use.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

Hey Dave congrats on the #s , thats impressive.The motor looks great and clean install.Does the oil cooler have PS in it?

I assume ya got bravo style drive, that TQ down that low

besafe

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Unhappy So close, Yet so far

Well, the engine is in, interior redesign is done, drive is done, sounds awesome HOWEVER , it got the best of me.
Going in for a lower back fusion
No test run for at least 10 weeks...
SUCKS!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

Good luck with that, I've had 5 back surgeries, best advice, as awesome as your boat is, DON'T jump the gun and get in it too early. I found that standing up is the only way I can ride nowadays, unless it's like glass. Keep you legs bent and let them absorb the shock. Again good luck and a speedy recovery!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser