Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Prop selection on 29 single? >

Prop selection on 29 single?

Notices

Prop selection on 29 single?

Old 01-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call both BBlades and Hydromotive, in my 29' I ran a 4 blade 26p RH labbed and it was dialed in perfectly. I have no clue how elevation changes the formulas, the good thing with both is they will ship multiple props to test. So unless you have someone with the same boat, same setup in the same elevation I would go that route. BTW, next time the bank calls with another 29, send them our way!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bert4332
I would call both BBlades and Hydromotive, in my 29' I ran a 4 blade 26p RH labbed and it was dialed in perfectly. I have no clue how elevation changes the formulas, the good thing with both is they will ship multiple props to test. So unless you have someone with the same boat, same setup in the same elevation I would go that route. BTW, next time the bank calls with another 29, send them our way!
I worked with Brett at Bblades to find the best prop for my elevation. I also have a 26p that I run down at sealevel. Then I have a 24p and a 22p for other elevations in between. Elevation effects your performance immensely with a naturally aspirated engine. Now if you go super or turbo charged its effects are WAY less.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

This 29 was that Lucas's boat from Vegas. If so you had to steal it because he told me there was no motor, no drive, no transom assembly left and the bank at that time wanted 35K. Also it was cabin boat not a mid cabin. Just asking as I thought about it but really wanted to steal it for a price. Good luck with your new ride. Heck we don't have any water to go boating anyways. Getting really old in my neck woods.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
This 29 was that Lucas's boat from Vegas. If so you had to steal it because he told me there was no motor, no drive, no transom assembly left and the bank at that time wanted 35K. Also it was cabin boat not a mid cabin. Just asking as I thought about it but really wanted to steal it for a price. Good luck with your new ride. Heck we don't have any water to go boating anyways. Getting really old in my neck woods.
Your right sir it was a awesome deal. I paid $20,000 with the drive and transom assembly. I had Barrett Custom Marine change the 1.36 gears to 1.50 gears. Spent all day in the boat Saturday and looks to be a easy install. We do are own rigging and installs. My engine builder's son works for me and is very talented and we have a boom for the forklift for the install. All the gauges are mechanical which I thought was a bonus! Sorry to hear of the Texas water shortage, one of my best friends moved his boat business to Austin and is singing the blues also. I do have access to a 26 four blade to start with and go from there.
Thanks for the input!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GAZ
I worked with Brett at Bblades to find the best prop for my elevation. I also have a 26p that I run down at sealevel. Then I have a 24p and a 22p for other elevations in between. Elevation effects your performance immensely with a naturally aspirated engine. Now if you go super or turbo charged its effects are WAY less.
Yes sir we spend a lot of time at Navajo! Love the lake and the people! You have 575 sci power? What cubic inch are those? Bring that boat down the hill this year to Navajo and have a beer!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fastboatfella
Thank you for your response.

Power still needs to go on the dyno but is projected to be 735-750 HP (corrected). The power projected at 6100 ft elevation were we primarily boat is 570-588 HP. I bought this boat sight unseen through a bank deal, the boat is perfect but was shocked at the size of the 29. This was concerning because I started to worry if we built enough power to push this boat 70 mph at 6100 ft (projected goal). I can say this, I pulled it back from Havasu last weekend and was amazed at how light the boat is. My engine builder is now concerned and wants to supercharge the engine.
Yeah probably a 25 or 26P P-5X should do. But start with the 26P 4 blade you have and go from there. With that elevation I would supercharge it, the effects of the altitude will be far less. Go big now so you don't regret it later haha. That hull can definitely handle some power. But even at 570hp at elevation, it will still hit 70mph no problem if that is your goal.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Yeah probably a 25 or 26P P-5X should do. But start with the 26P 4 blade you have and go from there. With that elevation I would supercharge it, the effects of the altitude will be far less. Go big now so you don't regret it later haha. That hull can definitely handle some power. But even at 570hp at elevation, it will still hit 70mph no problem if that is your goal.
Yes sir I hope you are right. We have decided to get the boat ready for Desert Storm in April so I have decided to move forward with out a supercharger. Really curios to see how this combo works. Supercharging could always be a winter project. I have like $30,000 in this motor already! It has jessel valvtrain and timing belt, piston oilers, CNC AFR heads on and on. I have always got a kick out of well built natural aspirated motors but this is one big boat!
You might get a kick out of this....there is a 27 Advantage like yours at boat brokers in Havasu that has a engine that my guy built. 1200 HP with a B-max. That boat will do a 100 up here! Very Scary ride! Flat dangerous!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Yes sir I hope you are right. We have decided to get the boat ready for Desert Storm in April so I have decided to move forward with out a supercharger. Really curios to see how this combo works. Supercharging could always be a winter project. I have like $30,000 in this motor already! It has jessel valvtrain and timing belt, piston oilers, CNC AFR heads on and on. I have always got a kick out of well built natural aspirated motors but this is one big boat!
You might get a kick out of this....there is a 27 Advantage like yours at boat brokers in Havasu that has a engine that my guy built. 1200 HP with a B-max. That boat will do a 100 up here! Very Scary ride! Flat dangerous!
Oh I didn't realize you already had the motor built haha. Yeah you should still have no problem getting to your 70mph goal. I'd say 75 is attainable with the power at altitude.

I've seen that 27 Victory online, I'm not sure how it makes 1200hp with that combo, most motors need a lot more blower than a procharger to get 1200hp (14-71 or Whipple 8.3L). In any event, I bet it is a scary ride. Knowing all the dialing in I've done with my boat, and what more it still needs, I can tell that boat is not set up to run 100.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Oh I didn't realize you already had the motor built haha. Yeah you should still have no problem getting to your 70mph goal. I'd say 75 is attainable with the power at altitude.

I've seen that 27 Victory online, I'm not sure how it makes 1200hp with that combo, most motors need a lot more blower than a procharger to get 1200hp (14-71 or Whipple 8.3L). In any event, I bet it is a scary ride. Knowing all the dialing in I've done with my boat, and what more it still needs, I can tell that boat is not set up to run 100.

Motor is 598 cubic inch with M-1 procharger and fuel injection and made over 1200 HP corrected. I have a call in to get the actual numbers for you. The guy that owned the boat would not listen very well. The boat would try to push the stern around and accelerated like a serious drag car. Extremely loud and way to much motor for that type of boat for sure! Pro Chargers will not stop making boost. I think there ugly but my guy sure believes in them. His last 14:71 motor made 1347 hp corrected on pump gas. Talked with his son who works for me and was told this one actually made more power, but I will get the number from the man himself. Not only does he make power....but they live a long life! Very critical to me!

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by fastboatfella; 01-28-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Registered

Motor is 598 cubic inch with M-1 procharger and fuel injection and made over 1200 HP corrected. I have a call in to get the actual numbers for you. The guy that owned the boat would not listen very well. The boat would try to push the stern around and accelerated like a serious drag car. Extremely loud and way to much motor for that type of boat for sure! Pro Chargers will not stop making boost. I think there ugly but my guy sure believes in them. His last 14:71 motor made 1347 hp corrected on pump gas. Talked with his son who works for me and was told this one actually made more power, but I will get the number from the man himself. Not only does he make power....but they live a long life! Very critical to me!

Thanks for the reply.
Cool that will be interesting. Yeah Advantage designed the 27 in 1991 when about the most power you could put in it was 500, not made for 1200hp. With some tweaking of the hull and setup of the drive and prop it would be ok. I would actually have no problem putting 1200hp in a 29 Lavey though. They've built several over 100mph and its a big enough boat to handle it. Think 1200hp and single #6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.