Prop selection on 29 single? >

Prop selection on 29 single?

Notices

Prop selection on 29 single?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Cool that will be interesting. Yeah Advantage designed the 27 in 1991 when about the most power you could put in it was 500, not made for 1200hp. With some tweaking of the hull and setup of the drive and prop it would be ok. I would actually have no problem putting 1200hp in a 29 Lavey though. They've built several over 100mph and its a big enough boat to handle it. Think 1200hp and single #6.
So here is the scoop! 602 cubic inches and 1187 HP at 5500 ft of elevation. They ran out of injector or it would have made more. I have personally drove quite a few 27 Victory's (buddy in Austin was a Advantage dealer here in New Mexico before moving his Business to Austin) Absolutely love them! I would imagine yours runs extremely good in Havasu!
The Motor for the Lavey has not been assembled yet....just had to decide to supercharge or not before assembly. Motor starts to go together next week and would imagine that I will have dyno results in two or three weeks.

Stay tuned!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:46 AM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fastboatfella
Yes sir we spend a lot of time at Navajo! Love the lake and the people! You have 575 sci power? What cubic inch are those? Bring that boat down the hill this year to Navajo and have a beer!
Mine is a stock 500efi (502 cu), I for sure want to come down to Navajo and have that beer with you. My uncle lives down in Aztec.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GAZ
Mine is a stock 500efi (502 cu), I for sure want to come down to Navajo and have that beer with you. My uncle lives down in Aztec.
Right on GAZ! We have a awesome crew of friends and boats plus two house boats that get a little nutty after the sun goes down. Damn good times.....I will keep you posted and let me know a weekend or holiday that works for you.

Have to warn you though the girls tops tend to come off.

Last edited by fastboatfella; 01-29-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastboatfella
So here is the scoop! 602 cubic inches and 1187 HP at 5500 ft of elevation. They ran out of injector or it would have made more. I have personally drove quite a few 27 Victory's (buddy in Austin was a Advantage dealer here in New Mexico before moving his Business to Austin) Absolutely love them! I would imagine yours runs extremely good in Havasu!
The Motor for the Lavey has not been assembled yet....just had to decide to supercharge or not before assembly. Motor starts to go together next week and would imagine that I will have dyno results in two or three weeks.

Stay tuned!
Cant wait to see it.

UD