question for the mag pros

Notices

question for the mag pros

Old 05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 85 Likes on 35 Posts
Default question for the mag pros

well i ran the mag yesterday,,,,all i can say is it was a ruff windy day.....Perfect for a test run. Ihave a quetion concerning my oil pressure and oil temp whats normal for my application,,,,,540 na 700 hoarse

how about it mel, you always have good info for me

Buy the way i rang a solid 78 on gps in a nice 3ft chop with the wind at my tail.....
Old 05-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: question for the mag pros

78!..........nice.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

im still rich as hell my transome was black when i got back.....Coming off plane it blubbbers and barks, i know i have room to go down
Old 05-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
well i ran the mag yesterday,,,,all i can say is it was a ruff windy day.....Perfect for a test run. Ihave a quetion concerning my oil pressure and oil temp whats normal for my application,,,,,540 na 700 hoarse

how about it mel, you always have good info for me

Buy the way i rang a solid 78 on gps in a nice 3ft chop with the wind at my tail.....

awsome #'s....3 ft chop for that boat is nothing ...they sure do love the ruff ...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Goumada P5-38
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

what kind of RPM were you seeing ?
What prop are you turning ?
Just curious - Taking mine out in a few weeks .

78 mph , not bad !
Old 05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nocig,Sounds like your off to a good start.I cant tell you a whole lot,I dont know your set up,X dimension gear ratio prop size totel advance on the dist.type of ignition your running how much trim your using how much tab you use,all makes a big diff.I had Vixen out yesterday to run chase boat for a new boat being tested here in fort myers and i ran my 15.25x16 prop with my 540 mech eng.this is my hottest set up and built almost like yours.It will turn up 6200 at 85 gps,now if i put on my 15.25x28 prop she will turn 5400 at 79 gps,so you can see props make a big diff.How does it react if you hit the throttles at 30 mph,it should set you back in the seat or you got to much prop.As far as temp.goes i run 110-120 and oil pressure 70 to80 while iam running hard and 60 when i come off plane,but thats the way I like it. Mel
Old 05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

the motor is rich as hell i know i can lean way more, but i am waiting for my tuning guy to come back in to town.....The boat was bought from a propeller builder and he has a bunch of numbers stamped in the prop..

I will take a picture of the numbers if ya guys want to know pitch,

One thing i will say is holy f%(* does that boat love ruff water, you could see the speedo jump as soon as i got in 3 footers, just chewed them up.

My timing isnt quite right yet either i know i can see an honest 82-85 with more tuning
Old 05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

posting at the same time mel.....

Your right pins ya in the seat from 35-40 to about 70 then it is all in the drive trim... tuning guy said the same thing....(this winter you need more oil pressure 50 pounds is hoarse sheet)
Old 05-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh yeah my rpm has never got over 5500, but i dont think my drive was up enough, i am still getting use to this crazy bastard.......WOOOOOOOOOOOW what a ride
Old 05-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nocig,sounds like your having fun now.My props are both Bravo 1 four blade lab finnished,i had a hydro motive 15.5ox26 and wouldnt work at all and got rid of it.I only ever run one race with my 540 that was in 2002 in P4 and got a DQ and went back to the 502 an 509 engines in Vixen.I know 80-90 is a real rush in open boat,but things can happen so fast,and you cant do anything but ride it out.Have fun but keep it safe.I guess i sound like a old woman but i been their and i know that feeling when seconds seem like hours and your on your own. Mel

Quick Reply: question for the mag pros

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.