Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi >

Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi

Notices

Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi

Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Glassdave & H20. Working on the Klym Gem now. Just recieved the tools and rebuild parts for the arnies. Taking to have the hull looked at to make sure the stringers are good and redo the cockit flooring. Sucks to buy a boat that's registered as a Mag and turns out to be a Klym but I'm going to make the best of it. Keep you posted on the progress.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Glassdave & H20. Working on the Klym Gem now. Just recieved the tools and rebuild parts for the arnies. Taking to have the hull looked at to make sure the stringers are good and redo the cockit flooring. Sucks to buy a boat that's registered as a Mag and turns out to be a Klym but I'm going to make the best of it. Keep you posted on the progress.
If the glass repairs dont cost you a arm & a leg,, this Klem with ASD drives would be worth saving.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

lol, i feel your pain cuz thats what i did to lol. I am redoing mine with all Magnum branding and trim but the boats name is "The Great Pretender"

I do like the Arnesons . . . . . hmmmm . . . . wouldnt mind have'in a look at that boat. Make some measurements. Wonder how hard those smaller drives are to find?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
lol, i feel your pain cuz thats what i did to lol. I am redoing mine with all Magnum branding and trim but the boats name is "The Great Pretender"

I do like the Arnesons . . . . . hmmmm . . . . wouldnt mind have'in a look at that boat. Make some measurements. Wonder how hard those smaller drives are to find?
Dave,, I may know where the one's [ASD]are that came off that Mag you saw.

Last edited by h2oboater; 12-02-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dave if you want to see the boat I'm in Monroe Mi... The boat will end up in New Baltimore for engine and final touches. My wife put a fire under my ass stating that the boat won't see water till 2013. Pulling drives off the boat after hunting season ends.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Also if you contact Twin Disc for A-6 parts they are POS. The guy at arneson was great and like talking about the prodject ahead. He was very helpful on how to redo the drives. Rik is his name. I can get you numbers if you would like. Mark don't scare me on the glass cost.... 2000.00 for the hull, drives and trailer paid. Sure it will be 30-40 when done.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Drake,
Good luck with getting the 27 done........I'm presently restoring a 27 sport myself and still very open to the choice's of both power and drive combinations....Arneson's have crossed my mind, but don't know enough about them.
Mark,
If you had a choice between ASD -or- the typical outdrive's (volvo, bravo) and matched with (Dave's choice) 450 LS's what do you think would be best all around for the 27 hull?
Also, would the X factor be no issue when using arneson's since they articulate more range up & down.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Dave if you want to see the boat I'm in Monroe Mi... The boat will end up in New Baltimore for engine and final touches. My wife put a fire under my ass stating that the boat won't see water till 2013. Pulling drives off the boat after hunting season ends.
Also if you contact Twin Disc for A-6 parts they are POS. The guy at arneson was great and like talking about the prodject ahead. He was very helpful on how to redo the drives. Rik is his name. I can get you numbers if you would like. Mark don't scare me on the glass cost.... 2000.00 for the hull, drives and trailer paid. Sure it will be 30-40 when done.
Cool, thanks I am gonna take ya up on that pm me your phone number. Rik at Arneson is great, just ran into him at the ibex show was good talking to him.

What model are those? Do they have drop boxes and if not do you have to counter rotate one of the motors?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Hey Mark you wouldnt happen to have a pic of the original Aero logo would you? The one with the arrow going through it? I have quite possibly the nicest Klym gem left on the planet in my shop. Buffing it out and putting new stickers on it, the boat is all original and does not have one single stress crack on it anywhere. I will see if i can get a pic of it. The new owner has freshened up the power and interior and minor cosmetics, shes a cream puff
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dave this is all I found so far, will this work ????
Attached Thumbnails Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi-aero-288-h2o.jpg   Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi-aero-s-b.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.