Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
Doller Marine Magnum listed >

Doller Marine Magnum listed

Notices

Doller Marine Magnum listed

Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If money is no object, there is this really nice sport.

http://www.kennedyautomarine.com/boats.html
Old 03-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM

For $5K more you can get his 38 Apache with 525SC engines

Thank you
Jim
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is the HIN they gave me from Doller is bogus? I've had sound purchases from them in past w/ great communication and accurate info.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hin # and Starfire info

# MAG 272500273 looks OK,boat sold 4/6/73 to Emerald City,its build day was 2/73 date the keel was laid.

On a previous Question.
There were only 30 Starfires made 4 went overseas,one was produced with 280 small blocks.That leaves only 25 potentially around.One did go to Canada,but did not look like a STARFIRE .The 280 small block unit is Red Pepper and the owners decided not to sell.There have been only a handful of them that have changed hands in the past 5 years and MDonzi has one of the nice's one's around. He need to post some pictures in the Magnum section....Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 03-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

On the red sport for sale I would be sure to get the transom tested with a moisture meter. The steering hoses don't appear to be sealed and I can't remember seeing a 73 hull without trim tabs. That 73' is probably only a low 50's mph boat which is fine for original but I would prefer a trs or updated bravo hull.

Bud, you are too kind, but I do appreciate the compliments after the amount of work/effort put into my starfire. For some reason I can't post pics ( maby i have to upgrade my membership) but there are a few in the "classic offshore" section in a thread titled 188th st (p.9) 2 pics from 1979 and post 73 has brochure pics of my boat (i think) and one from 2 yrs ago.
- Marshall
Old 03-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Starfire Pictures

Marshall,you are right on the no trim tabs...wonder why? Also I will never by another boat without it being moisture tested,well worth the cost.

If you want to send me some photos @www. [email protected] I will post them for you. Bud
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

My 1973 sport dose not have tabs, Jeff's sport does not have tabs either ?????? I have gone one step further in my restoration and taken the power trim off my sport, as I dont feel I need it at this time. . Ironhead who logged many real offshore races in the CHARGE IT Sport said the same thing you really dont need them for every day cruising. He has them on the ANACONDA but but never uses them. If you look at any pic's of Mags flying the most tabs are level.
You are right about sealing the steering hoses, I been on a few sports that are that way. One sport here on Lake St Clair is that way. Every time he at anchor with people sitting on the sun pad it's taking on water, the transom has to be wet. A survey makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails Doller Marine Magnum listed-mag-charge-h2o.jpg   Doller Marine Magnum listed-mag-maltese-589.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Marshall Great boat looked it up in the classics, send Bud the pictures. Thanks for the skinny on the starfires makes sense on not being able to locate one. I found the old listing for the red pepper I would have jumped on it. Anyone know if Bobby Moore's still around? He was a great friend of my Dads back in the day. I know if I start on the Klem hull I ended up with and get almost complete, one will surface....
Old 04-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
My 1973 sport dose not have tabs, Jeff's sport does not have tabs either ?????? I have gone one step further in my restoration and taken the power trim off my sport, as I dont feel I need it at this time. . Ironhead who logged many real offshore races in the CHARGE IT Sport said the same thing you really dont need them for every day cruising. He has them on the ANACONDA but but never uses them. If you look at any pic's of Mags flying the most tabs are level.
You are right about sealing the steering hoses, I been on a few sports that are that way. One sport here on Lake St Clair is that way. Every time he at anchor with people sitting on the sun pad it's taking on water, the transom has to be wet. A survey makes sense.
I thought by 73' most sports would have had tabs, i guess not. I agree, I barely use my tabs underway but I do use them when getting on plane.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM

Thats beakmans old Mag here on Lake St Clair. The new owner spent a lot of $$$$ on this one just to sell it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.