Doller Marine Magnum listed >

Doller Marine Magnum listed

Notices

Doller Marine Magnum listed

Old 04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Thats beakmans old Mag here on Lake St Clair. The new owner spent a lot of $$$$ on this one just to sell it...
You mean "lenS"? I talked to Dana Kennedy last year when he was finishing the rigging. He said he loves it, I guess thats why its not priced to sell.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Bobby Moore is still around. He is in North Carolina. He has a shop with his son rigging boats.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
You mean "lenS"? I talked to Dana Kennedy last year when he was finishing the rigging. He said he loves it, I guess thats why its not priced to sell.
Yes thats my old magnum, He put new motors and drives and a new floor, but to tell you the truth the boat is close to the same as when i had her as per some old pic's here.
Alot of the pic's he has posted are the ones i send to him before he bought it from me. the last few are at the sarnia fuel dock and all the water shots, you can see my wife and our small dog in them
I sold the boat to him for 29k add the cost of motors and drives alone and have them installed and the new trailer hes in it deep but he was not ever going to sell it but somthing must have change for him

Last edited by Lens mag marine; 04-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
Yes it was Len's but It was Riches [beakman] here on the lake first. Marshall did he raise the new Bravo drives to the same X dimension as yours when he rebuilt it ??
If Magnum ever builds the new 27' this one would be a a good deal @ a 1/3 of the new price.. Jeff was just at Magnum last week, did not see anything going on about the new 27'. Mark
Old 04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Marshall's Starfire

Attached are photos of Marshall's Starfire...this is the best restored one out there that I know of.Also possible reason Red Pepper did not sell is it had small blocks and more accessories on it that were not original.Would have cost a bundle to get it back to original. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Doller Marine Magnum listed-magday1-001.jpg   Doller Marine Magnum listed-mag-details-005.jpg   Doller Marine Magnum listed-mag-details-007.jpg  

Doller Marine Magnum listed-mag-details-006.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake22.250
Marshall Great boat looked it up in the classics, send Bud the pictures. Thanks for the skinny on the starfires makes sense on not being able to locate one. I found the old listing for the red pepper I would have jumped on it. Anyone know if Bobby Moore's still around? He was a great friend of my Dads back in the day. I know if I start on the Klem hull I ended up with and get almost complete, one will surface....
Did you mean Race Rock Bobby Moore from Lake St Clair ?? I heard he is still in Orlando after he sold the Race Rock. Bob had the Shipping Channel restrant here on Lake St Clair Back in the 70's. Bob put on a few races here and also raced the Magnum SHIP On IT. He later sold it Ironheads dad and it became the CHARGE It. Here is a pic of one of Bob's races & his Mag.
Attached Thumbnails Doller Marine Magnum listed-mags-%40-l-s-c-h2o.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 04-01-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Yes Bobby Moore from the Shipping Channel and If I remember right he had the blind fish resturant also. The listing for the red pepper claimed Bobby Moore rigged the boat if that is the same Bob. When he opened the Race Rock in Orlando he flew my parents down for the opener. I remember seeing ship on it and charge it tearing Anchor Bay up. Marshall boat's a 10 what horsepower and top speed?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Moore Rigging

Moore may have done some work on it,however I thought that Mell Riggs may have worked on it. I will check with him the next tine we speak.Bud
Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Found a 1969 35ft listed on the tampa bay craiglist. States that the boat is stripped new wood, ready for reassembly. Asd-6 drives. Sounds interesting.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my starfire 2 1/2 yrs ago from the widow of the owner who kept the boat outside Toronto for 27 yrs.(2nd owner) It was a complete time capsule, nothing had been altered/ changed at all exept the exaust tips. The key float from the broker in miami who took delivery is still in the ignition. I was at Magnum a few weeks ago and what still remains a mystery is the 5 tanks on my boat. No one remembers biulding it that way and yet, they are original.(I replaced the 2 main tanks) Anyway, the boat was in great shape but a little tired so I planned on a restoration when I bought her. There were a few wet spots in the deck and we also reglassed the transom for bravo drives. Re-creating the paint job was not easy but it came out great. The bottom is still orig. gel. The motors were originally merc high perf 454/440hp and now they have been rebuilt with brodix heads and small b&m superchargers.(575hp est.) 84mph was my best speed last yr but one motor had a scored piston so I'm hoping this yr should be around 87-88.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.