Wood Grain Dash Material

Notices

Wood Grain Dash Material

Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dash Material

What about the sticky back vinyl material that had all kinds of designs on them,wood was one of many.Just re-wrap it with new sticky back,it was called contact paper and was available any any hardware and paint store. Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 06-23-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPrusinows
Anyone found a replacement or substitute for the wood grain dash material used for the Magnum's? It is an engravable material for sure as the logo is actually engraved in. Would like to find the originalmaterial of course. Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
With my 27 Sport Rebuild I have bought a Quarter Sewn piece of Teak about 3/8" thick. This was then bonded to a piece of marine ply in order to provide both stiffness and stability.
We cut all of the instrument holes then applied 5 coats of Algrip clear varnish starting at 2:1 reducer up to no reducer, sanding down each coat in tern. I am currently waiting for my local Vinyl shop to cut me a Magnum Marine Logo in the full colours which once applied will then be varnished over with at least two more coats.
The result to date is stunning with high gloss real wood which is well protected.
Pictures soon - when it`s finished.

Ian